Permanently mount a remote windows share in OMV?

• So Im trying to Permanently mount a windows share in OMV.
    I am able to temporarly mount it in the command line, but when I reboot OMV, share is gone and I have to do “mount –a” for it to mount. I have edited /etc/fstab, I have added this line

Code
    //192.168.1.25/shared  /mnt/cifs  cifs  username=diego,password=myname,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm  0  0

And also tried

Code
    //192.168.1.25/shared  /mnt/cifs  cifs  ,auto,username=diego,password=myname,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm  0  0

It works temporarily, but when I reboot OMV the share is gone.
    How can I make it so it stays permanent?

Thank you

• The fstab entries are processed before network is up so you need to add something to the fstab entry to delay the mount of the network filesystem (I don't remember what exactly it right now).

I suggest you to use the remoteshare plugin instead, as this has some fixes applied too and it is exactly made for what you want to do.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• The fstab entries are processed before network is up so you need to add something to the fstab entry to delay the mount of the network filesystem (I don't remember what exactly it right now).

I suggest you to use the remoteshare plugin instead, as this has some fixes applied too and it is exactly made for what you want to do.

Greetings
    David

Yea Im using the Remote Share plugin now that you recommended, but it only mounts if I do (mount -a) on every reboot
    any work around to "permanently " mount it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yea Im using the Remote Share plugin now that you recommended, but it only mounts if I do (mount -a) on every reboot
    any work around to "permanently " mount it?

What version of OMV? What version of remote share were you using? The latest version 1.0.2 should have the fix for not mounting on reboot.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi, this is an old thread perhaps I can piggyback my question onto it.

I want to permanently mount a remote folder onto OMV (Erasmus). I cannot find the remoteshare plugin in the GUI.

Or is there another way? I can edit fstab but apparently there has to be a way to delay mounting until the network is up.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Remote Mount plugin is not showing up under Plugins in my install of Erasmus. "Remote Desktop" is the only plugin with the word "remote" in it.

You have to enable the omv-extras testing repo.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I successfully put my RaspberryPi samba share into OMV as an remote mount. It is listed under file systems now and it is "referenced". But I actually cannot find a directory in the folder structure that points to this mount. Where is such a mount mounted if it is configured via WebGUI?

I want to use this path in terminal to copy from the share to the OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Where is such a mount mounted if it is configured via WebGUI?

The actual cifs mount is in /srv. Any sharedfolder you create on the remote mount will be in /sharedfolders just like any other sharedfolder.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!