Kralizec - can't create shared folder, no volume?

• Hello all,

After all your help, it worked, thanks to subzero and David.

But then, all of sudden, all the changes to the settings were gone and I'm back to start.

Devices not listing again. I found out that config.xml was somehow modified and lost the entire mntent section.

I've rebuild it (according to the instructions above) but nah, not working.

What the heck??

• Hello again, subzero!

Before I saw your post, I had edited the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and added the following:

And it did the trick (I mean, the /dev/sda2 is mounting on boot device). So I cannot tell if your new instructions changed something.

At this moment, I cannot unmount via webgui -when I try to do that, I get this error:

Code
    Error #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/fstab/mntent[dir='/media/b3343e94-52f3-4c18-9060-7ce0c436eb1b'])' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:958
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->umount(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('umount', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'umount', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

My main issue at this moment is, when I try to add a shared folder for instance, I have no device listed. It shows blank.

David got it working today, but all changes just disappeared some moments later (and later on, config.xml went all blank, luckily I had a backup).

Then, my questions are:
    a) How can I make the /dev/sda2 show up again on 'devices'?, and
    b) Why the hell is it losing the configuration?

Thanks again!

• Hello again!

Right, here's my actual fstab:

Code
    # UNCONFIGURED FSTAB FOR BASE SYSTEM
    tmpfs           /tmp            tmpfs   defaults        0       0
    UUID=b3343e94-52f3-4c18-9060-7ce0c436eb1b  /media/b3343e94-52f3-4c18-9060-7ce0c436eb1b  ext4 defaults,nofail,acl,user_xattr,noexec 0 2

#/dev/sda2      /mnt/Data       ext4    defaults        0       0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    # <<< [openmediavault]

config.xml (mntent section):

Code
    </storage>
        <fstab>
          <!--
                            -->
        </fstab>
        <shares>
          <!--
                            -->
        </shares>

Then I try to unmount /dev/sda2 via webgui and get this:

Code
    Error #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/fstab/mntent[dir='/media/b3343e94-52f3-4c18-9060-7ce0c436eb1b'])' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:958
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->umount(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('umount', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('FileSystemMgmt', 'umount', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

dmesg | tail after trying to unmount the partition via webgui: (MAC address hidden)

Code
    [   16.565173] EXT4-fs (sda1): re-mounted. Opts: (null)
    [   23.518545] EXT4-fs (sda2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: user_xattr
    [   24.998405] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): lo: link is not ready
    [   27.581603] eth0: device MAC address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
    [   29.580277] libphy: stmmac-0:00 - Link is Up - 1000/Full
    [   29.597949] RPC: Registered named UNIX socket transport module.
    [   29.604001] RPC: Registered udp transport module.
    [   29.608696] RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
    [   29.613442] RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.
    [   29.808225] Installing knfsd (copyright (C) 1996 okir@monad.swb.de).

What now? :(

• Yay, it worked!

Thanks a lot! You guys rock!

Just a question: can I rest assured that the configurations won't be lost again?

Cheers man!

• Alright, I rebooted the NAS and so far it's working fine, all settings remained.

I hope I can now enjoy my new super-improved NAS without more headaches.

Once again, thanks for all your support!

Cheers! :)

• The same thing is happining to me. I don't know if it is something related to be using a Btrfs Raid1. This entry on /etc/fstab is like this:

Code
    /dev/sdb1    /media/seagate    btrfs device=/dev/sdb1,device=/dev/sdc1    0    0
  • If I remember correctly, there also is no support for BTRFS Raid, yet, is it?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• That looks like the OS disk. The os disk cannot be used to create shared folders. You can boot systemrescuecd and run gparted to resize the OS partition to something smaller and use the secondary partition for data.
    Dont complain that's how Omv was…

Hi subzero I have the same issue, but mine is not system disk, mine is a 8gb flash disc. I have wd 80gb hdd as system drive and 8gb usb. What can I do to make interface see my usb disc as a volume?
    Thank you :)

• is the 8gb flash already formatted ? If so what format ?

post here fdisk -l

wity the disk plugged

Ye it has already formatted ext4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!