What I wanna do:
    For each directory i create a share
    /cloud --> Cloud
    /cloud/daten --> Daten
    /cloud/medien --> Medien
    /cloud/pyload --> Pyload
    /cloud/videorekorder --> Videorekorder

And for each share i have a seperate User-Group:
    /cloud --> CloudLesen (only readable, so the user can't create folders in it)
    /cloud/daten --> DatenLesen (only for reading), DatenSchreiben (for writing)
    /cloud/medien --> MedienLesen, MedienSchreiben
    /cloud/pyload --> PyLoad (writing)
    /cloud/videorekorder --> Videorekorder

My settings are (exmaple for /main/data)
    ACL:

Privileges:

The Result in Windows is:
    "Access denied"
    The share is visible but i don't have access to it. (and of course the user is in the "CloudLesen" und "DatenSchreiben" group :) )

I played around with the ACL, privileges, groups, user etc.... i got the access working but had issues with write access were i only should have readable access and the other way... so i want to ask whats the right way to get it working.

thank you!

• Your design is not good. The Cloud folder you shared in SMB/CIFS and then you shared the sub folders too????

The media share should be on it's own and maybe your other subfolders too. With a media share you usually have chmod 775 which gives all other read only. With your other folders you would probably not want 5 at the end of chmod. Also, you do not need acl. You can achieve what you want with privileges (chmod).

For a media folder I usually have the media folder as the shared folder and then share it in SMB/CIFS. The I add subfolders when connected via my Windows PC. Theses sub folders are not shared in SMB/CIFS. So you have like this:

/media/tv
    /media/movies
    /media/music
    /media/photos
    etc....
    So in the above there is just one shared folder "media" that is shared in SMB/CIFS.

It is not always good idea in SAMBA to do what you want. It is good idea to learn and design what works for your needs.

• well the thing is:

i only want one share for my personal computer where i can access everything without having plenty of network drives. And on the other hand i can copy files between Medien und Daten folder instantly.

The other shares are connected form the media server, the download server etc...

And i read in another thread that you need the ACL permissions to get access even if you only want to work with chmod.

thank you anyway for your reply!

• Next try...

There is an issue with the root directory...

if i set a acl permission to that i am able to connect my cloud folder. If not i'm not able to connect.

Maybe i understand something wrong but why do i need to set the permissions to the root directory if i only want to get access to the sub-directory, it makes no sense?!

Edit:

@tekkbebe

I followed your advice and create only one smb share!

Now i have:
    /cloud

SMB Share Groups:
    ShareCloud (to show up the Share to the user)

ACL Groups (to grant access to the folder):
    fsDaten
    fsMedienLesen
    etc...

It looks like it is working now!

thanks for your hint!

Edit2:

Crazy things going on... If i delete my user i can still access the share?!

• I give it up now... it DOESN'T WORK :(

It seems to me, that the omv doesn't recognize the groups????

If i add the group in the ACL it doesn't work... but if i add the user it works...

oh my god what the....

I will use user permissions then - maybe there is a fix for this problem?

• This goes back to the design issue. Do not put shares inside of shares. Have one share and then add subfolders to it when connected via the one share. Some services should have their own share and not combined with others like you did.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!