XBMC-Server (headless/minified) Libraryscanner

• There are a number of things you can do to find the issue. First ensure that you are running the correct image, it should be nicjo814/docker-kodi-headless and not nicjo814/kodi-headless. Next you could try to delete the /opt/kodi-server/share/kodi/portable_data/temp/addons_install.log within the docker container and rerun the docker exec command. Then check the addons_install.log to make sure that the watchdog plugin has been installed properly. Please let me know if you manage to fix the issue.

• To "enter" a running container, issue the command:  docker exec -it <container id> bash This will give you a new bash shell within the container. From there you can find the log file in the place previously described.

• @just.RooT I'm sorry, but I think I sent you in the wrong direction regarding the log file... The file is only created when the docker container is initiated with the -e KODIADDONS parameter. Could you instead open a Bash shell in the running container and see if the file /root/addon_install.php exists in there? If so issue the command: /root/addon_install.php service.watchdog within that shell and post any output here. Really sorry for giving you the wrong info before...

• no problem :)
    I hope we can solve this problem.
    I get following output:

• It looks fine... Could you stop/remove the container and "rerun" the image again so you get a new container when the plugin is already installed?

Could you also check within the container which version of the plugin is listed in the addon.xml file in the directory /opt/kodi-server/share/kodi/portable_data/addons/service.watchdog. It should say version 0.9.6 if installation went well...

• I just got back to civilization after some hiking and realized that Kodi 15.0 final has been released. There is a new image available for this version with the tag "15.0" on my docker hub. Use docker pull nicjo814/docker-kodi-headless:15.0 to pull the latest version. As before it's based on the excellent images by sparklyballs with some minor modifications.

• That's really strange. I tested it the other day with the 14.2 image and it worked fine.. Could you try to bind-mount to a new directory to get a fresh start? It's done via the "-v" flag (the directory entered before the colon)...

By the way I did not add any settings file for the watchdog plugin, but instead let it use it's default settings.

• I did the following now:
    1. Install new Container with new portable_data path
    2. Just add the Mysql Environment variables
    3. start the container: no errors.
    4. add the following files:
    - mediasources.xml
    - sources.xml
    - passwords.xml
    5. restart Container: no errors.
    6. install watchdog via docker exec -t fccb0cb0c370 /root/addon_install.php service.watchdog
    7. restart container: ERROR: EXCEPTION: Error: Window is NULL, this is not possible ...

• Ok, I just did a new install and realized that when you don't have debug logging enabled in your advancedsettings.xml file (it's off by default) it looks like Kodi fails with that exception being thrown. However when debug logging is turned on the log keeps filling up with watchdog data (it's running). Could you test to just throw a new video file into any of the directories that the watchdog plugin monitors to see if your library updates properly?

• Offizieller Beitrag

sounds stupid, but how to upgrade to v15 if i already have a working 14.2. Do i need to delete v14.2 and download v15 and repeat all the process again?

You should stop the running container, remove it, delete the image.

docker stop id
    docker rm id
    docker rmi imagename

Download (pull) the new image. Start the container as the instructions. The map folder can be the same.

Backup your mysql Db just in case, the new image will create and copy contents to a new Db. It goes from MyVideos90 to MyVideos93 usually.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!