XBMC-Server (headless/minified) Libraryscanner

• Bist du dir sicher? line 247 ist leer... außerdem hast du auch schreibrechte auf dem Repo. :P

Gruß
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• es ist im Moment noch kein Plugin, wir haben noch keine GUI, aber hier ist eine Anleitung:
    XBMC-Server (headless/minified) Libraryscanner

bitte dann auch die Datei /etc/init.d/kodiserver anpassen:

Code
    # Pfad zum xbmc-docker-server
    KODIPATH="/opt/kodi-headless"

# Pfad zu PortableData
    PORTABLE_DATA="/opt/kodi-server/"
  • It works :thumbup:

root@myNAS:~# service kodiserver status

Code
    Kodi Server in 'docker' is running!
    - docker CONTAINER-ID: e82bbcd22634
    - Webserver is enabled on Port 
    - UPnP-Server is enabled

in settings.xml do we need to add something in the "value"?

Code
    <setting id="videosource1" value="" />
  • It should output the Webserver Port :/

Here are a few questions:

• Shouldn't we rename "xbmc" to "kodi"? There is no XBMC anymore but we have KODI now
    • My $portable_data is always empty. Can you double-check it please? I think we should set $portable_data to /path/to/docker-xbmc-server/xbmcdata/
    • Where should the default installation go to?
    • We should remove "EXPOSE" from Dockerfile and use "--expose $WEBSERVERPORT $UPNPPORT" at the command to start the container. Because the user can change the Portnumber in advancedsettings.xml
      more info: https://docs.docker.com/reference/run/#expose-incoming-ports (if I read correctly)
    • Can Dockerfile be used with variables? Then we can remove hardcoded paths:
    Code
    --prefix=/opt/kodi-server && \
        mkdir -p /opt/kodi-server/share/kodi/portable_data/ && \

What do you guys think?

• It works :thumbup:

root@myNAS:~# service kodiserver status

Code
    Kodi Server in 'docker' is running!
    - docker CONTAINER-ID: e82bbcd22634
    - Webserver is enabled on Port 
    - UPnP-Server is enabled

in settings.xml do we need to add something in the "value"?

Code
    <setting id="videosource1" value="" />

Not if you supply your sources.list file. if that file is there, it will be utilized.

Ralf, later.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Ralf, later.

OK, I have pushed the latest changes in "status" to github. should work now.
    I'll PM you my Whatsapp

6. the Webserver "User" and "PW" should be "kodi" too by default ;)

• should set it to true to automatically clean on-the-fly?

Yes, I didn't set it to true, yet, because I wasn't certain if it may clean too much by accident. I think you can activate it.

Greetings
    David

• It does for me.

Greetings
    David

• My $portable_data is always empty. Can you double-check it please? I think we should set $portable_data to /path/to/docker-xbmc-server/xbmcdata/

We need to set it, else it will be emtpy, like you said.

Where should the default installation go to?

/var/opt/... but since I want to be able to edit it via CIFS/SMB and I bet others want this too: a shared folder. (For the xbmcdata)

We should remove "EXPOSE" from Dockerfile and use "--expose $WEBSERVERPORT $UPNPPORT" at the command to start the container. Because the user can change the Portnumber in advancedsettings.xml
    more info: docs.docker.com/reference/run/#expose-incoming-ports (if I read correctly)

I think there is something like "-P" or so which automatically exposes the ports. (your "--expose $WEBSERVERPORT $UPNPPORT" seems to be more complicated, where would it get those ports?)

Can Dockerfile be used with variables? Then we can remove hardcoded paths:

I'm not sure the dockerfile is used anymore once the container ran once. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can Dockerfile be used with variables? Then we can remove hardcoded paths:

Sparklyballs headless xbmc does this with a script inside the container that reads this vars and passes them to advancedsettings.xml

He uses the switch -e which documentation indicates is for driver exec. So i am not clear about why sparkly does it with that.

Check here
    https://github.com/sparklyball…ob/master/src/firstrun.sh
    and here https://registry.hub.docker.co…arklyballs/xbmc-headless/

• I think there is something like "-P" or so which automatically exposes the ports. (your "--expose $WEBSERVERPORT $UPNPPORT" seems to be more complicated, where would it get those ports?)

These ports are read in the new init.d script. They can easily be used in the "kodistart" function

I also thought about on creating a "Dockerfile" from a "Dockerfile.default". The create-script can use variables to replace the existing Paths in Dockerfile.default and write it as Dockerfile. This can be used with the docker run command to start the container.

• @davidh2k

I have successfully installed kodi headless using NFS and clients are happy :)

But i have issue on watchdog. it seems to be NOT running. I gave a test to run CLEAN ON STARTUP and CLEAN (on-the-fly) but its not doing its thing.
    Maybe it has something to do with my XML? Here is a snippet of my advancedsettings.xml & sources.xml

advancedsettings.xml

Code
    <advancedsettings>
        <pathsubstitution>
            <substitute>
                <from>special://masterprofile/sources.xml</from>
                <to>nfs://10.10.10.2/export/Media/sources.xml</to>
            </substitute>
        </pathsubstitution>
    </advancedsettings>

sources.xml

Code
    <sources>
        <video>
            <default pathversion="1"></default>
            <source>
                <name>Movies NFS</name>
                <path pathversion="1">nfs://10.10.10.2/export/Media/Movies/</path>
            </source>
        </video>
    </sources>

My Movies are located in /media/ff109911-a41f-49bc-bd68-e88b16d6c112/Movies
    Tried replacing nfs://10.10.10.2/export/Media/Movies/ with /media/ff109911-a41f-49bc-bd68-e88b16d6c112/Movies but no effect

Can you show me your 2 xml files
    Help please

Thanks

• git clone https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/docker-xbmc-server.git /opt/kodi-server
    clones the repo to /opt/kodi-server, so no more "docker-xbmc-server" and it is easier to use in a install script.

portable_data is only for internal use IN the docker container, right? This folder will not be created on the Hosts FS?

Edit:
    I pushed a new version of the init.d-script to github.

Beta-Tutorial to make kodi-server work:

• git clone https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/docker-xbmc-server.git /opt/kodiserver
      make sure, it is the same path as above
    • cd /opt/kodiserver
    • Install all files
      .kodiserver-helper install
    • Edit docker-xbmc-server/kodidata/userdata/advancedsettings.xml to your needs. Also supply your sources.xml to that folder!!! Otherwise the watchdog won't work!

Maybe also edit Watchdog Settings: kodidata/userdata/userdata/addon_data/service.watchdog/settings.xml (Those are my settings, they should work for you guys too, so only edit them if you know what you do)

• start container
    • Code
      service kodiserver start

• The DL of packages should start
    • If it is finished, check with service kodiserver status and kodiserver-helper showlog if there are any errors

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!