XBMC-Server (headless/minified) Libraryscanner

• Nein, aber ich schau mal dass ich mich gleich nach der Demo ransetze...

Gruß
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I don't use SMB for XBMC, so I can't check that.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Not yet finished. Other stuff kept me busy.

Greetings
    David

• For now I just assume you already have docker installed on your system... docker install will come later..

cd to a path of your like, then:

git clone https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/docker-xbmc-server.git

Edit docker-xbmc-server/xbmcdata/userdata/advancedsettings.xml to your needs. Also supply your sources.list to that folder!!! Otherwise the watchdog won't work!

Maybe also edit Watchdog Settings: docker-xbmc-server/xbmcdata/userdata/userdata/addon_data/service.watchdog/settings.xml (Those are my settings, they should work for you guys too, so only edit them if you know what you do)

Then run the docker container:

docker run -d --net=host --privileged -v /path/to/docker-xbmc-server/xbmcdata:/opt/kodi-server/share/kodi/portable_data wernerb/docker-xbmc-server replace "/path/to" with the correct location where you cloned git into.

You can now check the kodi.log if it runs fine...

Greetings
    David

• can't get it to work atm :(

Code
    $ docker run -d --net=host --privileged -v /root/kodi-server/docker-xbmc-server/xbmcdata:/opt/kodi-server/share/kodi/portable_data root/docker-xbmc-server
    Unable to find image 'root/docker-xbmc-server:latest' locally
    Pulling repository root/docker-xbmc-server
    FATA[0000] Error: image root/docker-xbmc-server:latest not found

The path to docker-xbmc-server is ~/kodi-server

I never used docker before

• /me douchebag :D

I thougt I had to change wernerb/docker-xbmc-server to the path on my HDD. Instead it is the github repo.
    Now it is working and DLing

starting it now gives:

Code
    ~/kodi-server/docker-xbmc-server$ docker run -d --net=host --privileged -v /root/kodi-server/xbmcdata:/opt/xbmc-server/portable_data wernerb/docker-xbmc-server
    c483e3b47a677e9197d944e3cb0348890e4985fa1892413e77fb29c22c92817f

the c483e... is different at each run

another try:

Code
    $ docker run --net=host -v /root/kodi-server/docker-xbmc-server/xbmcdata:/opt/kodi-helix-headless/share/portable_data --entrypoint=/opt/kodi-helix-headless/xbmcVideoLibraryScan wernerb/docker-xbmc-server --no-test --nolirc -p

exec: "/opt/kodi-helix-headless/xbmcVideoLibraryScan": stat /opt/kodi-helix-headless/xbmcVideoLibraryScan: no such file or directoryFATA[0000] Error response from daemon: Cannot start container 47288b98618cab3bb1f301f3c5c16b93177e8b8f0af39a249fa568fc4ddd6a00: exec: "/opt/kodi-helix-headless/xbmcVideoLibraryScan": stat /opt/kodi-helix-headless/xbmcVideoLibraryScan: no such file or directory
  • Whats the output of docker ps?

Greetings
    David

• docker service was running.

I started from (docker-)scratch yesterday and deleted every /root/docker, xbmc* or kodi* stuff. Reinstalled docker and executed the commands. Then docker starts something that looks like kodi.bin, but it didn't DL and compiled it. Where is the binary (or the whole container) located? In "ps" it is /opt/kodi-helix-headless/, but I haven't got any folders in /opt? WTF?

There must be a setting, container or file somewhere I missed :o

• docker run -d --net=host --privileged -v /root/kodi-server/docker-xbmc-server/xbmcdata:/opt/kodi-server/share/kodi/portable_data wernerb/docker-xbmc-server

I dont have /opt/kodi-server/ folder.
    docker ps

Code
    root@myNAS:CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                               COMMAND                CREATED             STATUS              PORTS               NAMES
    e5ae763df7d2        wernerb/docker-xbmc-server:latest   "/usr/bin/supervisor   7 minutes ago       Up 7 minutes                            admiring_bartik

Also tried:
    docker run --net=host -v /root/kodi-server/docker-xbmc-server/xbmcdata:/opt/kodi-helix-headless/share/portable_data --entrypoint=/opt/kodi-helix-headless/xbmcVideoLibraryScan wernerb/docker-xbmc-server --no-test --nolirc -p

Code
    oot@myNAS:~# FATA[0000] Error response from daemon: Cannot start container bb109e6fd45c720260de4e8da7045465ee19472042598261aff3299fb300c653: exec: "/opt/kodi-helix-headless/xbmcVideoLibraryScan": stat /opt/kodi-helix-headless/xbmcVideoLibraryScan: no such file or directory

I dont have /opt/kodi-server/ folder

Also, in settings.xml do we need to add something in the "value"?

Code
    <setting id="videosource1" value="" />
    • Offizieller Beitrag

The binary is inside the image( or container, not clear about the concept yet). The container is an OS, in this case Ubuntu, for werner when you do it from github it builds kodi the first time inside the container. Everytime you fire the container a supervisor daemon get executed that allows kodi to be permanently run, if you.kill kodi.bin it will come again

• Offizieller Beitrag

The binary is inside the image( or container, not clear about the concept yet). The container is an OS, in this case Ubuntu, for werner when you do it from github it builds kodi the first time inside the container. Everytime you fire the container a supervisor daemon get executed that allows kodi to be permanently run, if you. kill kodi.bin it will come again

• If someone else wants to know:
    The docker containers are located in /var/lib/docker
    To remove all docker containers and start from scratch:

Code
    docker stop $(docker ps -a -q)
    docker rm $(docker ps -a -q)

source: https://coderwall.com/p/ewk0mq…ove-all-docker-containers

more commands: http://jimhoskins.com/2013/07/…tagged-docker-images.html

edit:
    Hooray it works!

Infos:
    kodi.log: /path/to/docker-xbmc-server/xbmcdata/temp/kodi.log
    docker log: /var/log/docker.log

• The watchdog-addon is not working:

• So, the is.HEADLESS isn't working. Shall I switch to the fixed/hardcoded version instead?

Greetings
    David

• "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

• yes, I fixed also line 247: change it to:

Code
    if settings.SHOW_STATUS_DIALOG and not settings.IS_HEADLESS:

Edit:
    @ David: Kannste gleich nochmal ran ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!