Asrock Q1900-ITX questions.

• Dear Forum!

I succesfully built a NAS a few months ago with OMV, and I really like the operating system, Im really satisfied with it! But my current built is bulky and noisy (its just standard mATX case). So I planning to build a new machine, with some more energy efficient components and more compact and nice looking mini-itx case.

My planned build:

-Asrock Q1900-ITX
    -Corsair DDR3 4GB 1066mhz So-DIMM CL7
    -Corsair VS350 PSU
    -Cooler Master Elite 110 Case
    -(Maybe) INTEL Gigabit Pro/1000 CT Desktop Adapter PCI-E

So My question is:
    Does that motherboard compatible with the current OMV release? I searched around in the forum and on the net, but I found only one post about the Gigabyte version which have some BIOS problems and I heard it wont boot without a connected display too.
    My other question is that the network card which I mentioned above, would it compatible as well? Or do you recommend a network card anyway? I aksing because some people recommended Intel NIC for the build, but I only found those on more expensive motherboards which is sadly out of my budget.

I would use the machine for file serving, Transmission and Plex mostly.

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry for my English, its my secondary language.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It may or may not work with the realtek. Not sure which one it is. It will definitely work with the Intel PCI-E card (I use it in my home server). Definitely a good choice. That system should work very well for your intended use.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Oh thats really good to know! Thanks for your fast post!

I would like to ask one more quesiton:

I read about that OMV should be installed on HDD/SSD and its not adviced to run it on a USB stick because of the writes.
    Now back then I built my current machine I used a Sandisk Cruzer fit, and its seems to work properly like for half year now, but I fear that it might be a timed bomb.
    Should I squeeze in a smaller SSD in my build plan?

Thanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to use something with wear leveling. None of my five OMV boxes use more than 5 gb for the OS. If you can find a smaller ssd, use it. No need to waste money :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Maybe you can use some of the information in my signature :
    - great case
    - ssd on mSata port
    - 6 sata ports por storage

- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ (SATAIII (6Gb/s) x6 (for the DATA), mSATA x1 (for the OS))
    - AMD A6 7400K 3.5GHz
    - Corsair 2Go DDR3 1333MHz C9 (x2)
    - Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
    - COOLER MASTER G450M (80+ bronze)
    - WD Red 2To 64Mo 3.5" SATAIII (6Gb/s)
    - 32 Go SSD mSATA KingSpec Half-Size Solid State
    - Fractal Design Node 304 black (HDD 3.5" x6)
    - RAID 5 XFS
    - OMV 4.1.35-1 Arrakis

• Hello,

Anyone can confirm this (Q1900-ITX) mobo support headless boot?

Regards,
    PM

Can confirm this too - But you may encouter reboot-problems under Debian/OpenMediaVault. But I think I found the solution for that problem:
    Flashing cursor when rebooting / Blackscreen

OpenMediaVault 1.12 on Debian Wheezy 7.8 64bit | 3.16 Backport Kernel | OMV-Extras.org 1.10
    ASRock Q1900-ITX | 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance SODIMM DDR3 | 1xWD Red 3TB | 1xApacer 1,8" SATA1 SSD 32GB as system drive | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W | SilverStone Milo ML04 Black

• I bought this mobo and have the following problem with Debian (Jessie, kernel 3.16): about 5 seconds after shutdown (poweroff) system it starts again. I can only turn off computer using the case power button.

I checked Fedora 21 (kernel 3.17) Live and it worked ok. With Fedora 20 (kernel 3.11) is the same (bad) as with Debian. I checked another distro Linux Mint 17.1 (kernel 3.13) and it worked ok.

Regards,
    PM

PS My build:
    mobo: ASRock Q1900-ITX
    case: Fractal Design Node 304
    mem: Kingston 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 SODIMM 1.35 V (KVR16LS11/4)
    psu: Corsair CX Series 430W ATX, Modular, 80 Plus Bronze
    hdd: WD Green 3TB (WD30EZRX)

• Are you trying to use OMV on top of Debian Jessie?

No, I'm trying to test my just bought hardware. I usually use debian testing as my desktop distribution so i tried it first. Debian 7.8 has the same problem anyway.

Regards,
    PM

PS. Given that you are a moderator, I understand that questions not related to OMV are not welcome here. If so I apologize.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!