OMV on Zyxel NSA320 ?

• I have no prompt to enter the reset-cmd ... there is no prompt at the bootloader anymore. May i try to factory reset the zyxel-tin

Q29000-ITX
    omv 4.1.8.2 | 64 bit | backport kernel | omvextras

• SUCCEEEESSS ...

- New (old) Stick
    - Format Fat32
    - Files on it, tar stays tar
    - Stick in rear usb-port
    - boot nsa325, stop at bootloader, typed 'resetenv;reset'
    - boot through, debian installs
    - stick out, boot again ... yessss

Q29000-ITX

• New Probs:

- tried to create filesystem -> pulldown "drive" menu empty, no fs possible
    - tried to enter ssh, root passwd openmediavault -> nope

ideas?

Ok passwd cleared ... do you have a suggestion for a good fs-Mnipulation-tool ... fdisk is a bit rude

Addendum: OK ... Frontend works, HDs displayed, but i cannot partition, format and share the diskspace ...

Q29000-ITX

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mipi ()

• Hi guys,

as we can see, scripted installation is "more user-friendly" and "much faster" than doing it manually ;-).

My NSA320 is running since month (now with kernel 3.18 and OMV 1.19), but it had the problem, that it didn't start eth0, when powered on without connected serial interface as reported by cascate. Last week i tried a lot of different manipulations in the startup settings, but nothing helped. Then i found a power_resume.sh script, that toggles between resume on and off. I set it to on, and rebooted, but the network still wasn't initialized, not even after a cold reboot. Then i shot down the box and did something else.

On monday i switched on the multiple socket outlet where the box is powered from, and it started without pressing the power button and INITIALIZED the network without connected serial interface. That was reproducable: network on when powered by socket switch, no network when powered by pressing the powerbutton - weird but usable :-).

BR
    Jan

• Whew. It is finally up.

Zitat

tried to enter ssh, root passwd openmediavault -> nope

SSH login is "root" password is "root" This is stated in the README. :D

Zitat

Addendum: OK ... Frontend works, HDs displayed, but i cannot partition, format and share the diskspace ...

You installed it in a Sata drive? what size? Need to do some tests on mine.

EDIT: did tests. You need to go to "Physical Disks" section, select the data disk and press "wipe" button a few times. First time errors out, second time works and then you can go and make partitions from "File Systems" section.

also manual re-partition of data drive or data partition fixes this, afterwards you can use OMV own panels.

Seems OMV issue with partition tables though. ?(

as we can see, scripted installation is "more user-friendly" and "much faster" than doing it manually ;-).

Yep. Now it is just download, unzip and plug it in. No serial nor box disassembly needed. :D

Development times are always longer than doing it manually, the machine is fast, but stupid. Also the tutorials you followed required months of work for someone, don't think you are cooler because you know how to follow a manual.

Zitat

but it had the problem, that it didn't start eth0, when powered on
    without connected serial interface as reported by cascate.

You need to send down a command to a specific GPIO as I linked in the posts above each boot (paste the code in a script executed each boot). That GPIO enables the WoL feature AND keeps the dumb eth0 operational after a reboot.

• I installed it on the sata drive, there are to partitions

- boot with 200 MiB
    - rootfs with 6 Gig

There are two HD 1,8TB and I'm a little unhappy, that i 'm not able to partion the rest 1,7 TB of the system disk. Ok, tried it with fdisk manual, but i can't mount Partions in the webend.

The second hd seems not to be problematic

PS: Is there a best practice to create partition by hand?

Micha

Q29000-ITX

• Yeah, tested with sata drive and it does the same. With OMV 1.19 it wasn't having these issues.
    Will have to look into this, I think it is OMV not liking the partition table done by the NAS's firmware.

Try to use parted instead of fdisk.
    parted is newer and might make something that OMV likes.

If it does not work, install OMV in a USB flash drive (instructions in README, same as above, you just plug a USB flash drive instead of a Sata drive, and the usb flash drive with installer scripts and archives).
    The OMV system in this installer contains flashmemory plugin so the usb flash drive will not be killed by OMV write activity.

And erase the partition table of the current hard drive with parted or gparted (the graphical user interface of parted if you have a Ubuntu system).

• Gonna try this ... unfortunatly my time runs low because of vacation ... don't know what i prefere more ... vacation <-> omv'ing at the nsa .... hmmmm, difficult

also:
    - install on usb,
    - polish hd with omv-Webend

PS: can i install unattended, until now i installed the UART-Term but now i closed the nsa325

Q29000-ITX

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mipi ()

• changed to usb - working - fine! But now i'm wondering, must the stick fullfill some requirements?

And how to migrate from one old stick to a better one ...

Q29000-ITX

• Yep. Now it is just download, unzip and plug it in. No serial nor box disassembly needed. :D

That still doesn't seem to be the truth ;)

Development times are always longer than doing it manually, the machine is fast, but stupid. Also the tutorials you followed required months of work for someone, don't think you are cooler because you know how to follow a manual.

I'm so happy, that after 30 years of working in IT i finally found the master, who explains me the basics and the most important goal: being cool. Up to now i thought the goal is to find a straight way to a working solution. You are so coooool - even when you are not able to follow manuals and recall and understand precisely what you read "somewhere" about something similar ;)

Zitat von bobafetthotmail

You need to send down a command to a specific GPIO as I linked in the posts above each boot (paste the code in a script executed each boot). That GPIO enables the WoL feature AND keeps the dumb eth0 operational after a reboot.

That's an example for the above said: You linked to a script for Arch-Linux, that doesn't work with Debian. I found and used a different script.

You are hearty invited to come back down to earth :D <3
    BR
    Jan

• After taken some steps more then the direct way ...
    these are are the main difficulties:

- the stick matters ... tried 3 Sticks before finding the right one
    - made 'resetenv;reset'; more then once!
    - finding out that partioning is not easy

2 of 3 steps are very problematic without UART Term i.e. disassembling. There was one additional Problem with the UART: You must find out, that TX and RX on box and UART must be crossed ... costed one evening. Not tu tell problems with the Terminal-Program ...

Q29000-ITX

• Zitat

- made 'resetenv;reset';
    more then once!

You started with older scripts. Now it should
    boot its firmware if it does not find something in sata and USB drives.

From there you can do a fw_resetenv and then reboot

That still doesn't seem to be the truth ;)

Feel free to help me debug OMV. Because this is OMV issue, not recognizing partition table made by the older fdisk in the firmware.
    Or maybe you can show you have some kind of IT background and suggest to statically-compile a modern fdisk binary that works with Zyxel firmware (as long as it is statically compiled it probably will), and use that during installation.

Zitat

Up to now i thought the goal is to find a straight way to a working solution.

Yes, my goal was to do without UART, and I made the grievous mistake of assuming that others (ALARM devs) did their job properly, because U-boot is the same y'know.

Zitat

That's an example for the above said: You linked to a script for Arch-Linux, that doesn't work with Debian. I found and used a different script.

feel free to provide links.

• Anyone tried the installing from a previously-reflashed to arch NSA320? I seem to get all the way through the install, but it doesn't look like uboot updates properly, and upon next boot, it uses the default Zyxel enviornment. I have tried the "setenv to_factory; saveenv" and "resetenv", but neither works.

• It looks like all the files are where they are supposed to be on a 32 GB SanDisk USB key. But for some reason it doesn't find the kernel image (/boot/uImage) on the USB, and it then falls back to booting from the old nand image. Same thing happens when I try to load to SATA drive. I have am currently UART booting from the 2014.07 U-boot.

Here is the U-boot environment:

arcNumber=3956
    baudrate=115200
    bootcmd=run bootcmd_uenv; run bootcmd_usb; usb stop; run bootcmd_sata; reset
    bootcmd_sata=run sata_init; run set_bootargs_sata; run sata_boot
    bootcmd_uenv=run uenv_load; if test $uenv_loaded -eq 1; then run uenv_import; fi
    bootcmd_usb=run usb_init; run set_bootargs_usb; run usb_boot
    bootdelay=10
    console=ttyS0,115200
    device=0:1
    ethact=egiga0
    ethaddr=b6:d0:5e:0f:a1:17
    led_error=orange blinking
    led_exit=green off
    led_init=green blinking
    machid=118f
    mainlineLinux=yes
    mtdids=nand0=orion_nand
    mtdparts=mtdparts=nand_mtd:0x100000(uboot),0x80000(stock_uboot_env),0x80000(key_store),0x80000(info),0xA00000(etc),0xA00000(kernel_1),0x2FC0000(rootfs1),0xA00000(kernel_2),0x2FC0000(rootfs2)
    partition=nand0,2
    rootdelay=10
    rootfstype=ext2
    sata_boot=mw 0x800000 0 1; run sata_load_uimage; if run sata_load_uinitrd; then bootm 0x800000 0x1100000; else bootm 0x800000; fi
    sata_init=ide reset
    sata_load_uimage=ext2load ide $device 0x800000 /boot/uImage
    sata_load_uinitrd=ext2load ide $device 0x1100000 /boot/uInitrd
    sata_root=/dev/sda1
    set_bootargs_sata=setenv bootargs console=$console root=$sata_root rootdelay=$rootdelay rootfstype=$rootfstype $mtdparts
    set_bootargs_usb=setenv bootargs console=$console root=$usb_root rootdelay=$rootdelay rootfstype=$rootfstype $mtdparts
    stderr=serial
    stdin=serial
    stdout=serial
    uenv_import=echo importing envs ...; env import -t 0x810000
    uenv_load=usb start; setenv uenv_loaded 0; for devtype in usb; do for disknum in 0; do run uenv_read_disk; done; done
    uenv_read=echo loading envs from $devtype $disknum ...; if load $devtype $disknum:1 0x810000 /boot/uEnv.txt; then setenv uenv_loaded 1; fi
    uenv_read_disk=if $devtype part $disknum; then run uenv_read; fi
    usb_boot=mw 0x800000 0 1; run usb_load_uimage; if run usb_load_uinitrd; then bootm 0x800000 0x1100000; else bootm 0x800000; fi
    usb_init=usb start
    usb_load_uimage=ext2load usb $device 0x800000 /boot/uImage
    usb_load_uinitrd=ext2load usb $device 0x1100000 /boot/uInitrd
    usb_root=/dev/sda1

Environment size: 2084/131068 bytes
    ---------------------

Below is console output during boot process:
    -----------------

NSA320> boot
    (Re)start USB...
    USB0: USB EHCI 1.00
    scanning bus 0 for devices... 3 USB Device(s) found
    scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found

Partition Map for USB device 0 -- Partition Type: DOS

PartStart SectorNum SectorsUUIDType
    12048 204800 00000000-0183
    2206848 60545024 00000000-0283
    loading envs from usb 0 ...
    ** File not found /boot/uEnv.txt **
    (Re)start USB...
    USB0: USB EHCI 1.00
    scanning bus 0 for devices... 3 USB Device(s) found
    scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
    ** File not found /boot/uImage **
    ** File not found /boot/uInitrd **
    Wrong Image Format for bootm command
    Error occured, error code = 112
    ERROR: can't get kernel image!
    stopping USB..

Reset IDE: Bus 0: OK Bus 1: not available
    Device 0: Model: WDC WD20EFRX-68AX9N0 Firm: 80.00A80 Ser#: WD-WMC301133227
    Type: Hard Disk
    Supports 48-bit addressing
    Capacity: 1907729.0 MB = 1863.0 GB (3907029168 x 512)
    ** Invalid partition 1 **
    ** Invalid partition 1 **
    Wrong Image Format for bootm command
    Error occured, error code = 112
    ERROR: can't get kernel image!
    resetting ...

• are you using my install script or what else?

how is the flash drive partitioned? what partition type? ext2 or ext3 or ext4?

are boot files in /boot folder or is there a boot partition?

what you did to flash it to arch? You tried updating its own firmware to latest before attempting?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!