Intel C2750 - ASROCK C2750D4I

• Would love to wait for stable kernel OMV 1.0.. with solid NIC support and C2750 hardware compatibility.
    Still having issue of very slow read (especially) and write of this controller. Although back port 3.2.x still not much help.

• Give Debian Wheezy + OpenMediaVault Kralizec installation a try.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I've ordered the 2550 version of this board.

Can anyone tell me if it can run with a single DIMM or does memory have to be installed in pairs (only support dual channel?)
    Locating memory on the QVL is pretty rough too, for these m/b's.
    Which RAM is everyone else using?

OMV 2.2.13 (Stone burner) Kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64 omvextrasorg 1.34
    Case: U-NAS NSC-200 , Power Supply: picoPSU-80, 80w , Mainboard: ASRock C2550D4I , CPU: INTEL Atom Quad Core 2.40 Ghz , DDR3:Crucial 4GB (1x CT51272BD160B) , OS: SSD Crucial MX100 128 GB , DATA: 2x WD Red WD30EFRX - 3 TB RAID-1 , NIC: (2x INTEL i210) , USB: Vantec USB3 UGT-PC312 PCI-e

• I am also planning to do an install on a new haswell board, an x-10slm-f. Am I correct that if I install Debian Wheezy + Kralizec they should work without having to mess with the kernel? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm a newbie.

• Zitat von "Larrondo"

I am also planning to do an install on a new haswell board, an x-10slm-f. Am I correct that if I install Debian Wheezy + Kralizec they should work without having to mess with the kernel? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm a newbie.

Yes, with debian Wheezy you shout not have any problem (nromally). I've installed Debian Wheezy + Kralizec with my board and all was with the basic setup.
    Therefore, I've read a lot about this card on the internet. Plenty are complaining about the unstableness of the board ...

• I'm curious, now that I have my 2550 m/b running....are you able to successfully get fan speed and temperatures showing in the GUI?
    I don't have any tabs, but if I run the sensors command in the CLI, I do see the various voltages and temperatures...but the 2 fans that are listed (fan1, fan2) show 0 RPM.

Case: U-NAS NSC-200 , Power Supply: picoPSU-80, 80w , Mainboard: ASRock C2550D4I , CPU: INTEL Atom Quad Core 2.40 Ghz , DDR3:Crucial 4GB (1x CT51272BD160B) , OS: SSD Crucial MX100 128 GB , DATA: 2x WD Red WD30EFRX - 3 TB RAID-1 , NIC: (2x INTEL i210) , USB: Vantec USB3 UGT-PC312 PCI-e

• I decided to attach 2 50mm fans after seeing that while sitting in the BIOS, the CPU temps climbed to almost 50C.
    Surprisingly, the m/b actually has *2* CPU fan connections!! Odd that it would include these on a m/b that would normally be passively cooled.

• Offizieller Beitrag

50 C really isn't that high. A lot of laptops idle at that temp. The C2550 has a max Tcore temp of 96 C. That said, I would put a fan on it too :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yea, and that almost 50C temp was while the m/b was OUTSIDE the case during testing. Temps would have gone even higher, I'm fairly certain, once everything was buttoned up.
    I realize that the CPU's aren't going to burn up or malfunction at that temp (or even hotter) but it just bugs me to see CPU temps that high...especially while just idling.

FYI, now with the case completely assembled and OMV running, and the 2 50mm fans running (full speed - not PWM capable fans), my core temps look like this: :) Much better. (VERY quiet fans too)

Core 0: +29.0°C (high = +98.0°C, crit = +98.0°C)
    Core 1: +30.0°C (high = +98.0°C, crit = +98.0°C)
    Core 2: +30.0°C (high = +98.0°C, crit = +98.0°C)
    Core 3: +29.0°C (high = +98.0°C, crit = +98.0°C)

• The fans ARE 3-wire with the speed sense line.
    Suspect it's an lm-sensors related issue that is not properly recognizing the inputs.

• I too have read some mixed reviews about this board, but it still really interests me.

I'm planning on replacing my Q6600 ATX system with a smaller more efficient unit.

Is it thought that stability is heat related? Since my NAS is in the basement, I'd have no problem putting an active fan on it.

Newegg has all server motherboards on sale for 20% off right now which would put this board at around $320 USD.

Is there a better mITX board from Newegg that someone would recommend?

I know it is pricey... but it seems like a good solution considering I would not have to get separate controller cards, CPU etc.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would get this supermicro board instead. The remote management (IPMI) on supermicro boards is great!

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• That board looks nice, and will even be a little cheaper...

The only downside that I see is there is only 6xSATA.

On the plus side, the Supermicro has a USB3 header. So I could use the expansion slot to add a better SATA card later.

My current system only has 5 drives plus a system drive. So that would be good to start.

Am I better off waiting for OMV 1.0 final and starting fresh? Or will there be an upgrade path from the current release?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I prefer a fresh install to an upgrade but my two main servers were upgraded from 0.5 to 1.0. If you are going to upgrade, you can do it already (if your linux skills are good).

• My Linux skills are not "great," but I'm not afraid of poking around.

I'm just using a simple 5 disk RAID-5 software raid... If I understand correctly, I should be able to do a fresh install of OMV 1.0 when it is final, hook up my disks and mount the array?

I do understand that I will probably need to rebuild my users, shares, etc., but that isn't a huge deal.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!