[HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

aufs doesn't support ACLs.

The unionfilesystems plugin hasn't been released yet. Still a couple of issues to fix.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

unionfilesystem plugin is in testing now :)

• hey,

i have removed the old mhddfs addon to test the new unionfilesystem plugin.

unfortunatley one of my poolshare ("serien") is still mounted in /media/serien/

How can i get rid of this poolshare leftover?

edit: i removed the rules for the mountpoints from /etc/openmediavault/config, rebooted and deleted the empty forlder from /media/

thix & regards
    firsttris

ps. is there a deticated thread for unionfilesystem plugin? havent found one,,,

• Offizieller Beitrag

ps. is there a deticated thread for unionfilesystem plugin? havent found one,,,

No but you can start one :)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Hello!
    Wouldn't it be better to put Scrub percentage setting in diff script to web interface? By now, it always performs full scrub ( snapraid -p 100), which is quite time-consuming and to my mind it doesn't fit well with default 7 days period. Default scrub percentage, btw, is 12.5. Adding "Scrub percentage" setting would allow different scrub strategies, like "often but little" or "rarely but full".

OMV 1.0, Pentium G2120 3.1 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, SnapRAID+aufs 3x4Tb Ext4 + 1x1Tb Ext4, boot ssd 32Gb ADATA

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the default is 12.5, why isn't the scrub button using that value? All it is does when you click the button is: snapraid scrub

That said, I can add a dropdown or text box that allows different values.

• no, the button is ok :) I was talking about omv-snapraid-diff script, sorry that I didn't make it clear...

The script does

$SNAPRAID_BIN scrub -p 100 -o 0 >> $TMP_OUTPUT

the magic number 100 is what I want to set in WebUI

OMV 1.0, Pentium G2120 3.1 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, SnapRAID+aufs 3x4Tb Ext4 + 1x1Tb Ext4, boot ssd 32Gb ADATA

• Offizieller Beitrag

That should be easy to fix :)

• added this options to the script on github:

Bash
    # specify the amount of the scrubbed array (default="100")
    SCRUB_PERCENT=100

# scrub only files, which are older than X days (default="0")
    SCRUB_OLDER_THAN_DAYS=0

@ Aaron:
    It would be nice, if you can add this options to the GUI, too.
    For the percentage a dropdown from 0 to 100 (step 5) would be nice ;) or is a "numberbield" better, so that the user can insert his percentage: e.g. 37% ?(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just used a number field (lazy :) ). Testing version here.

I see snapraid 7.0 has been released. Have you tested it yet? Anything we need to change in the plugin?

• Hi,

I am a noob in working from command or that stuff. Linux in general is not my second nature yet. I did a fix once from putty, but thats following the the manual :) (was feeling pretty proud I was able to do that gheheh)
    That's why I rely on GUI mainly.
    I am still not able to get schedule a task that monthly/weekly/.. performs a sync. Is that possible from GUI?
    I know it has to do with anacron, but thats as far as I got. I did not find a perfect script yet, or anything thats easy in gui. click'n'drop kind of thing.

I need more guidance to do this.
    What I hope for is someone is willing to help me by writing an idiots guide how to create some scheduled tasks for snapraid including the links to working scripts.

Regards.

PS. As a general side note.
    I think OMV will get a lot more attention from the general public when most things are done from GUI. I love OMV because its rock solid and really fast. IMO it outperforms Nas4free freenas stuff by far. :)
    So here is a big Thank you !!

• you can setup a cron or anaćron job with this commandline:
    /usr/local/bin/omv-snapraid-diff
    then you get a sync, when less thas XX files are deleted. -> XX is configurable via GUI (delete threshold)

• Haha... is it that simple? Now I feel like an idiot.

Ok, so I put that line in the cron 23h59 every monday. Delete threshold at 10. Is this a good setting? Or should I leave that at 0?
    Now every monday the drives will be synced right? :)

haha.. Thanks for the help Solo. :) Appreciated a lot!

• Once a week is quite an interval... why not sync every night? If something bad happens, you only can restore your data up to the synced state.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Snapraid runs on top of filesystems. So, it doesn't not care what type of drive you are using.

• Do i understand right that snapraid pugin should have options to change config for omv-snapraid-diff? Any idea why it doesn't show those up for me? I have version 1.0.14 of the plugin...

• How does it work Snapraid fix command ?

If i use this command in console "snapraid fix -f /Folder
    Come this:

Code
    Self test...
    Loading state from /media/85b917c0-axxxxx/snapraid.content...
    Filtering...
    Using 1714 MiB of memory.
    Initializing...
    Fixing...
    Nothing to do
    Everything OK

No its not ok.
    So what is the exact folder command to restore in omv? "/media/uiid/folder/file" oder what?
    If i use command "snapraid fix -m" so snapraid restore all delete files & Folders. Thats okay for me but next time? ^^

the snapraid fix command in webgui need so much time for the little pair of folders. ETA stood with 23:33 - with -m its going for 0:56 xD - maybe its a good idea to build a point for -m command in webgui or?

• it should be the part without /media/uuid
    Will try it in a VM over the wekend and report back

maybe its a good idea to build a point for -m command in webgui or?

also there should be a "-d" option if you replace a HDD. I will think about it ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!