[HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

• Hi All, I apologise for crashing this thread but I am getting desperate. I wrote this thread Installed OMV, Snapraidand UnionFS. How do I get my files in their pooled folders? Please but I can't seem to interest any assistance. It could my style of writing. The problem is as follows:
    I installed OMV and now after a few tries, it is relatively stable. I have the following drives: 4 3TB drives in a Horntekk JBOD formatted EXT4 and these four drives form the pool (using Unionfilesystem). The JBOD is attached to the PC a DEll USFF 760 through a usb 2.0 connector so the NAS sees four separate drives. I also have 4 other external drives already in use through my windows pc so they are formatted ntfs.
    I am having two problems and I am afraid they will crash my data. I can't afford that so I need assistance please.
    Recently the pool configuration vanished. I can still access the pool but I can't update or amend it and I wanted to try mergerfs instead of the aufs I am currently using. I can't because I can't see the configuration.
    The second problem is more problematic. When I reboot (I have to reboot regularly now after the pool configuration vanished because the pool itself vanishes and the plugins can't work as they are all using shared folders from the pool), the drives - all from the ext4 to ntfs have to be manually mounted. I know omv can't automount usb drives but ext4?
    Without the pool, nothing will work and if the system is not automounting the ext4 drives then I might as well reinstall only I think I am getting discouraged as I don't know what I did wrong to cause this.
    I have attached snapraid to the pool as well so of course snapraid can't run properly and I can't run any of the maintenance like sync, scrub etc.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution to both the vanished pool configuration and how to automount?
    thanks

I have donated. have you?
    OMV 2.2 running on HP Gen 8 G1610T server, 16GB RAM + Xeon E3-1220

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'll answer in your other thread. Have patience...

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Oh OK. Thanks. I have just messaged your wall without knowing you have responded. OK. I will wait.

I have donated. have you?
    OMV 2.2 running on HP Gen 8 G1610T server, 16GB RAM + Xeon E3-1220

• Hello,

First off, I'm new to OMV. I have some experience with Linux and the command line, but I wouldn't consider myself an advanced user. My problem is as follows:

I'm running OMV 2.2.4 with the OMV-Extras repository installed. Today I installed the SnapRAID plug-in from the repository through the web interface. The process said Done, but when it attempted to reload the Web page, it came back empty. I though it might be a browser cache issue, so I tried in an Incognito tab. I get to the login screen, fill in the correct username and password, then the page stays blanks instead of showing the interface. I rebooted OMV from the command line. Same issue. It's like the SnapRAID plug-in broke something in the interface. I had no problems before installing it and I have other plug-ins that I've installed and they worked OK, like Plex, BitTorrent.

Any idea what might have caused this and how can I fix it? Is there a way to disable/uninstall this plug-in from the command line?

I hope that I'm posting in the right thread. Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The snapraid plugin doesn't change of the web interface's settings. So, something else broke. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• That's right, I just finish setting up new build with snapraid and mergerfs no issues. Have been running for 4 days now.

Sent from my phone

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• Hi,

Thanks for answering. It is weird though that it happened right after the plug-in install process, when it said something like the page needs to reload. Here is the output:

ii openmediavault 2.2.4 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 0.4 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-letsencrypt 2.4 all Generate free and valid SSL certificates for OMV
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 2.13.2 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.14 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii openmediavault-snapraid 1.5 all snapraid plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-transmissionbt 1.4 all OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.

• Most likely. I had install snapraid and mergerfs on new config. Nothing on it but base os and updatrs. Exception is I am usnig backport kernel for btrfs support.
    But everything is still fine.
    Except for plex, which I don't see likly, my bet woild be on your encryption plug in. That is the only one that works with fs and might be the reason for your problem. I would check compatibility of letsencrypt with snapraid. Or maybe you need to do something special to install and configure this two together.

Sent from my phone

• Offizieller Beitrag

snapraid really shouldn't cause a problem with any plugin. It doesn't run continuously. I would try installing it again.

• In theory you are right, but strange things happen.

Sent from my phone

• I'm running 3.0.20 OMV. I installed omvextras. I'm trying to install snapraid from the plugin menu and it gives:

I think it has something to do with this commit: github

How do I fix?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think it has something to do with this commit: github

Yes, it does. That change is to protect your system from installing a plugin that isn't ready for OMV 3.0.15 and newer.

How do I fix?

You port the plugin to the new datamodel system introduced in 3.0.15. I have been very busy and haven't had a chance to do it yet. Anyone is encouraged to submit a pull request on github porting it for me :)

• You port the plugin to the new datamodel system introduced in 3.0.15. I have been very busy and haven't had a chance to do it yet. Anyone is encouraged to submit a pull request on github porting it for me

ok I'm going to try and figure out what that means an do it :P

• What is the difference with using the unionfilesystrem plugin, as opposed to the pool feature within snapraid?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the difference with using the unionfilesystrem plugin, as opposed to the pool feature within snapraid?

Pool feature in snapraid is read only.

• Would it be possible to add a few features to the snapraid script? Most of the ideas come from the snap-raid script on this page.

• Add Touch feature to auto-run before sync
    • Add Option to ignore max deleted if sync has been skipped for X days.
    • Add Option to clean up output by limiting emailed results to 10% increments not 1%
    • Add Option to only email when there is an error or warning

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!