Plex: library empty after upgrade

• Hey guys!

Today I decided to upgrade my plexserver installation (was running a pre 1.x build) to the latest package. I removed the existing version by running this:

apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get purge plexmediaserver
    usrdel plex

Because I figured it might be better to do a clean installation, but it might be here things went wrong.

After that I installed the most recent package in the repo (1.0.3.2461). I enabled it in the OMV web interface and saw that the "Database Folder" there was pointing to the correct location (/media/UUID/plexmediaserver), however once I navigated to the plex web page it wanted to configure itself as a fresh installation with a new library.

I'm a little scared to poke around on my own and have things overwritten by accident, so I thought I'd ask some advice on what to check here first.

Thanks in advance!
    J.

• Ended up poking. Slightly. I *thin* this is were things are wrong:

File /etc/default/plexmediaserver

Am I wrong to think I should uncomment PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR line and make sure the path is pointing to my original folder?

• Have you followed the instructions provided for the plugin?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I used the Plugins system in the webinterface to install the new package, so I'm thinking yes? I tried uninstalling/reinstalling in the webinterface but with the same result.

• Managed to fix the issue. Not sure what it was though, but things are working again.

- uninstalled Plex
    - renamed the /media/UUID/plexmediaserver folder to plexmediaserver_backup
    - reinstalled Plex, select correct database volume. Enabled Plex. It created a new plexmediaserver folder.
    - disable Plex
    - copied all content from "plexmediaserver_backup/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server" to the new "plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server"
    - enable Plex

Dancing ensued.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!