WOL (Wake On LAN) validation

• Trying to get basic WOL (Wake on LAN) functionality so my asus rt-ac66r router can start my OMV up after power failure (UPS shutdown after 5 min).

I validated System > Network > Interface > eth0 > IP4 > WOL = YES

/etc/network/interfaces looks good

But ethtool shows setting is not present.
    root@nas:~# ethtool eth0 | grep Wake
      Supports Wake-on: pumbg
      Wake-on: d

And I have the setting set in BIOS
    Wake on LAN S4 = Enabled

NOTE: I gather this means I can only WOL from hibernate (S4) state.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb693821.aspx

I validated system supports all pm-* states and even entered them one-by-one, so that's good. I even set WOL manually using ethtool -s eth0 wol g before entering the states, but still no-go.

I even looked over the debian wiki, but am reluctant to execute anything since OMV has auto-generated configs based on GUI settings (from what I can tell).
    https://wiki.debian.org/WakeOnLan

But they did note to have post-up and post-down statements in the interfaces file so that WOL should work even if interface is not brought down properly.

Any help is appreciated.

• I understand it is dependent upon the motherboard, but the BIOS has the setting and the NIC is integrated. I would assume that if the motherboard didn't support it, the BIOS wouldn't have the option.

Or is there something else I need to check?

• It's a spare PC I have laying around to do this POC (Proof Of Concept) with. HP pavilion a1620y.

I'm not concerned about the hardware as much as I am the OS configs. I'm mainly looking for a checklist of things to check to ensure I can get WOL working. After all my reading, I think there is a disconnect between what the OMV GUI is showing vs. what I'm seeing at the CLI.

In addition to that, I need to figure out how to make UPS shutdown put system into hibernate instead of halt, but I'll worry more about that once I can get pm-hibernate to get the system into a wakable state.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!