NAS defined but no access to user folder

• Hello,

I'm facing a user right or network issue (beyond my knowledge how to figure out which one).

The NAS server is well defined in the web interface.
    I have defined a user, put it into a user group.
    I have also defined a shared folder, with the associated right for the user.
    And finally opened the possibility of a SMB connection.

Unfortunately when I go to a windows file explorer on another pc an dtry to connect the NAS:
    - I'm seeing the nas in "network"
    - When I try to browse I can't see the user folder
    - If I try to connect a network disk , typing the login / password, it search and say 'windows can't access to the address'

I already configure something that work with the same hardware last week (with the same steps).
    But this time I do not know what is missing.

Of course I can retrieve and transmit any relevant info to the forum.
    Help is needed.

Thanks

• My issue is solved now.

In fact I've installed the NAS OS on a SSD. At firs it was not working with GRUB so I had to install with LILO. The choice is offered during the installation process. Everything works very well now (modifications are taken into account faster with a SSD than with a USB key).

At first I was thinking than my primary issue was due to an upgrade to OMV 2.2.4 or stomething similar, starting from a 2.1 version. Indeed it is not the case. In the settings you should define what are the shared folders for a given user. I do not renember if it is under SMB or user settings but it is in a tab that can be missed if things are done to quickly. I'm not in front of the computer right now but I'll post some pics to let you figure out.

Anyway, I can access to the shared folder from Windows 10 by connecting a distant disk (with IP address + folder name).

@+++

Envoyé de mon Pixel C en utilisant Tapatalk

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!