Rsync from OMV to Windows's DeltaCopy = Internal Server Error?

• Hi, I am now trying to rsync all files from an OMV machine to a Windows machine that has DeltaCopy Server set up.

I keep seeing an Internal Server Error in OMV's page though, accompanied by unusually high (90%) RAM usage.

Using the Silent mode will not give the error, but since I need to see what files are being copied e.t.c. this will not do in my use case.

Am I transferring too many files at once with rsync such that the GUI cannot cope with it?

Note: Thankfully I am doing this with the "test run" flag on; no data was lost due to this issue.

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've never seen this in my rsync test but my files are large meaning less output. Are your files small? This would be a lot of output causing the issue or possibly a bug. Post on bugtracker.

Just a thought but iIf you are rsyncing, how can you lose data? You might write it to the wrong location but you can't lose data from the source since rsync syncs in only one direction.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yep, I have many small files and some big ones too (I think about 5 million files in total?). I am posting this issue on the bugtracker then.

And yes, currently I am under the impression that rsync works like FreeFileSync's mirroring; the chance of me losing the data is if I am rsyncing from the server holding onto the older version of the data set onto the server holding to the latest version of the data set and using the flags that will delete any non-existant files e.t.c.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you start with the delete flag turned off, then you can only overwrite files. None will be deleted. Then, if everything looks ok, enable the delete flag and run again. Nothing else will have to be sync'd and it will just delete files. That is the safest way to test rsyncs other than the test.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!