Is it able to install omv on the top of Kubuntu-Server(Kubuntu OS and KDE Already installed)

• #Before reading my thread..
    I'm NOT INBORN ENGLISH USER...
    I'm south Korean.
    So please understand my Konglish and grammatic, spelling Errors...

Question...

I want to install omv on the exsiting system(kubuntu server 14.~LTS.x with KDE)

Can I just fallow that link
    (instruction for install OMV on the Debean)

Install OMV on Debian via apt

Or should I follow another instructions for kubuntu-server...

Please let me know.....

• omv is for debian only.

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• But Kubuntu-Server is based on Ubuntu, and Ubuntu is based on Debian...

I don't know who is, but I heard there is somebody who installed OMV on Ubuntu....(It has little error but it can be used)

Is "Debian only" means only clean original debian or it includes the debian based linux Operationg System...?

• yes it is right, but it is too different. Ubuntu haf other dependencies as debian. OMV doesn't work correct with ubuntu. Debian only means only orginal debian perhaps with a desktop

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can install Omv3 on Ubuntu 16, I'll probably work with one or two minor corrections but there is no support simple as that. Also why would you install Omv if you have a desktop environment installed ? Omv takes full control of some core components of the system and they can have some conflict there.

• Because I want to use my local moniter like Qnap NAS's HDstation.. Because I want to use this system for NAS+HTPC... like Qnap Nas.(Qnap nas has HDstation[GUI for local display] and HDMI Connecter(Port)...)

And also, I hate gnome GUI and I want to use KDE...

---------------------------
    I will use Web-GUI only for administration
    And I will use Local Display for playing movies and another media files.. (network streaming is only for mobile devices and other users)
    -------------------------
    (That simply means this:
    When I'm home and my room, in front of my server console(local display) --> I will use KDE or other GUI for watching movies or use files in the server.

When I'm using tablet or Smart phone or I am outside of my house --> Using DLNA or other NAS fuction for watching movies or use files in the server.)

(I think the way installing KDE on original OMV (iso) .... but when I install Xwindows on OMV3, It makes PHP5-FPM error... I've tried to fix that error but I've Failed..(reinstalling all PHP5 dependencies or upgrading PHP5-FPM and dependencies....)

P.S. I think if OMV is not an OS, and a CSM Package(like Wordpress, Owncloud, Pydio..)with Samba server, media server, and other server programs..) It is more useful to me.......

P.P.S. Simply, I want under 3 things.

1. I will use my system for HTPC+NAS
    2. GUI for Local Display is needed

• 3. NTFS R/W without formating drives is needed
    • Offizieller Beitrag

The only way to install it on Ubuntu 16 is to disable or rewrite the pam auth section because php5-pam cannot be compiled against php7 (I tried). So, I don't recommend using it.

In my opinion, an HTPC and NAS should not be on the same box. Get an RPi3 with OpenELEC to do the HTPC stuff.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ok... thank you for helping me..

And Last queastion of this thread...

Then how about installing GUI on original OMV2? I think PHP-5 FPM error is irrelavent to the installing GUI (because sometime OMV3 goes unstablely itself... then how about trying it on the OMV2? The stable version..)

Oh, there is 3rd solution too..

Installing KODI with OMV..

• Offizieller Beitrag

IF you had to install a gui or kodi or anything graphical (I always recommend against this), OMV 3.x is better than OMV 2.x.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!