Only support for questions with signatur?

• Hello admins,

I'm quite new here and also to OMV. Because of a very good german how-do I found to OMV and set up a quite stable and perfect running server. Since I built my new server I'm here in the forum almost everyday because I want to learn, improve my knowledge and also the server. Because of that I read almost every thread here since the last month.
    Some threads are very, very terrible. I mean that the questions are more than stupid put. Like: "I don't have a fix ip address... <X " Nobody knows which setup the questioner is using, which OMV-version, and so on.

Do avoid these questions for a better help I would suggest (like it's common in other forums) to implement a rule that everybody has to fill out the signature for a better help. In this signature he/she has to write the used hardware, the used OMV-version, plugins, ...
    If there isn't a signature there's no help or at least when nothing is mentioned in the thread which hardware, software, made steps,...

What do you guys think about this suggestion?

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• I think this would fit better in the sidebar, below your avatar etc.
    Unfortunately I´m no admin here but @votdev you can do this like this for example:

Create new fields:
    ACP - Benutzer - Benutzerprofilfelder - Benutzerprofilfelder hinzufügen

after that, show it in sidebar:
    System - Optionen - Nachrichten - Seitenleiste

• Sorry, but why so complicated? In my opinion just a simple signature, like I have, will do, or not?
    But thanks that you think about my idea.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Signature is always optional and you can design it by your own. First MoBo or first SSD / HDDs etc...

So you can fill out hard coded fields like "Motherboard:" and you enter the details behind. It is always the same look and feel. I don´t think it is more complicated to fill in fields instead of a signature ;)

• They should not be forced into it. At the moment they have no posibillity besides the signature to fill out sth. like this. I think more people would use it if there are specific fields for hardware specs.

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!