Communication failure when trying to load File Systems tab

• When clicking on the File Systems tab, I receive "Communication failure" error box without anything loading, and when I click on "Union File Systems" nothing loads (but also no error straight away).

Some backstory, I'm running an aufs setup which was not balancing correctly, causing three disks (one data and two snapraid parity) to become completely full. This in turn I believe caused my system log file to grow increasingly large to the point that it filled the boot drive completely. This lead to me not being able to log in until I ssh-ed and removed the large log files. Now I have manually rebalanced the aufs drive and re-run snapraid sync -- however, the parity drives are still at 100% capacity according to df -h, even though the largest drive in the aufs/snapraid is only at 93%. Perhaps this is causing my issue, but I cannot figure out how to correct.

I also am getting random "Communication failure" errors when browsing the webgui, but consistently get it when trying to access the File Systems tab.

I'm running OMV 2.2.5 and Snapraid 10.0-1 ... contemplating a reinstall of omv os if nothing else... thanks in advance!

• if your server exposed to internet, check your processes, I started getting this errors when I got hacked
    look for some strange process that does not look right. it usually also one with most CPU time.
    just in case

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• if your server exposed to internet, check your processes, I started getting this errors when I got hacked
    look for some strange process that does not look right. it usually also one with most CPU time.
    just in case

I checked the process list, and didn't see anything out of the ordinary -- and nothing running away with CPU or Mem usage. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

• Well, that is how it started with my setup. That and I keep getting emails about my cpu hitting the 95% threshold.

Sent from my phone

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• More information about the hack? How do you know you got hacked? What process was showing high usage?

I'm having the same problem - Communications Failure when loading file systems. I show that my CPU is at 100% load, with several of the following processes running:
    php-fpm: pool openmediavault-webgui
    user: openmedia

The server is behind a firewall.

• I'm having this problem with "php5-fpm @ 100%" too, with my OMV 3 test-installation today.
    It starts with one php5-fpm process and there getting more and more. Most i have was 6-7 processes of php5-fpm.
    After 1-2 minutes there go away and after 1-2 minutes the "php5-fpm@100%" process come back and getting more....and go back...and come etc.

I do two clean installs to test this problem.

Clean install of OMV3 -> omvextras -> install Snapraid & Unionfilesystems -> setup Snapraid -> setup Unionfilesystems with mergerfs and mfs -> hit Ok and the problem appears.

• Clean install of OMV3 -> omvextras -> install Snapraid & Unionfilesystems -> setup Snapraid -> setup Unionfilesystems with mergerfs and mfs -> hit Ok and the problem appears.

I have exactly the same problem, cannot use the unionfilesystems plugin (same with aufs or mergerfs). As soon as I uninstall the plugin, everything is working normal again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The unionfilesystem plugin hasn't been update for OMV 3.0.25+ yet.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I read in the other thread about this problem with the plugin. Thx for your answer!
    I test this tomorrow.

There is nothing to test. I use this plugin and my systems using it are still on 3.0.24 for this reason.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I probably edited my "has" to "hasn't" after you read my post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!