PLex there was a problem playing this item

• Hi,
    After update PMS and move some content to another drive on the Web UI i get this error "there was a problem playing this item", on Plex apps that did not need transcoding i able to see everything. Already search for this error on google, plex forums and the reason for this apparently is not having enough space on the plex drive for temporary transcoded file. So i se the command

and get this output, it seams that i have space en all of the drives, any idea what could be?

• Well, you do not say what version of PMS you have updated to, but if it is 0.9.17.x or later a change was made that breaks the transcoders because they are now being placed on a data drive that is set by default in OMV to not allow programs to execute.

The solution to this problem is to edit /etc/fstab, remove the noexec specification on the data drive that holds your /plexmediaserver folder, save the file, and then reboot the machine.

Are you sure you searched? This has been beaten to death both here and in the plex.tv forums.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Plex has just released version 1.0.0.

http://shell.ninthgate.se/pack…-a17e99e-debian_amd64.deb

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• http://shell.ninthgate.se/packages is not a repo provided by plex.tv. It belongs to @yakumo who provides Debian packages.

Also, the file you provide in the link is not @yakumo's Debian package and will not work on OMV 2.x. That package is the Ubuntu Linux package that plex.tv provides and @yakumo has it in his repo as a courtesy. Again, it is not suitable for use on OMV 2.x.

The current @yakumo package that is used on OMV 2.x is: plexmediaserver_1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-debian_amd64.deb. It will eventually appear in the OMV repo too.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Just notice that I copied the wrong link.
    That package is not official from Plex, but it works for OMV 2.x.

The link to the package you posted WILL NOT WORK ON OMV 2.0. It uses the wrong init script.

--

• Why not?
    I've being manually updated my Plex many times from there.

Here's the original thread: A Plex update is available....

What you failed to notice is that very recently the owner of that repository began to also include the official from Plex.tv Ubuntu Linux packages in his repo. These packages do not have the word 'debian' in their names and are not suitable for use on OMV 2.x. Your original unedited post linked to the incorrect package.

--

• I know there are two types of package in there.
    I realized I copied the wrong link of the package, that's why I went back to edited.
    After my editing, you still said that Debian package wouldn't work for OMV 2.x.
    Anyway, I'm just tried to help the community, there's no need to getting technical....

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• No, I said the link you posted was incorrect at the time I said it. You edited your post after that.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does the new debian package work correctly? I will put it the omv-extras mirror if it does.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Does the new debian package work correctly? I will put it the omv-extras mirror if it does.

The new debian package works properly if and only if the data volume holding the /plexmediaserver folder allows execution of programs (noexec was removed for it in/etc/fstab).

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will leave it out then. This one may be tough to fix without manually fixing it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I will leave it out then. This one may be tough to fix without manually fixing it.

Unless Plex.tv reverts back to the way they did it so it doesn't require changing fstab, then it sounds like 0.9.16.6.1993-5089475-debian will be the last that OMV carries?

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

No. Just need to come up with a good way to fix it.

• No. Just need to come up with a good way to fix it.

@tekkb was playing around with it. I think he moved the offending codecs back to the system drive and symlinked to them. Problem is that they are downloaded by the application itself and not part of the original package and it may not be a one time thing.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

I saw that. Personally, I don't like to move files with one package installed by another package anyway. I would rather mount the filesystem with exec privileges. I still don't understand why they moved executables to the data dir.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!