/opt/plexcodecs/
    /opt/plexcodecs/Codecs
    /opt/plexcodecs/Codecs/.device-id
    /opt/plexcodecs/Codecs/2c361e4-1071-linux-ubuntu-x86_64
    root@NAS:/opt#

Code
    root@NAS:~# ls -la /opt
    total 24
    drwxrwxr-x  6 root        users 4096 juil. 18 15:48 .
    drwxr-xr-x 25 root        root  4096 juin   2 16:52 ..
    drwxr-xr-x  3 plex        plex  4096 juil. 18 15:48 plexcodecs
    drwxr-xr-x 16 root        root  4096 juin   2 19:38 SABnzbd
  • @perler and also @tekkb for info:

I've to say sorry. Why? Because there is still an issue with the latest PlexMediaServer-Plugin. Before the new plugin was released I've installed the Plex Media Server by hand (via CLI) and afterwards I've used this how-do of @tekkb here. I've tested everything and PMS was working like a charme. Also transcoding to the iphone was working (because of the codecs-folder under root). But I was not satisfied because for that I haven't installed OMV. As soon as the new plugin (v1.0.15) was released I've deleted (purged) everything from PMS and made a new install via the plugin. Everything was working but I didn't test the transcoding.
    Because of your problem I tested transcoding (to my iPhone) today again and checked that transcoding isn't working. So I've checked root and there's no "Codecs"-folder. So I've copied the Codecs-folder from /media/UUID/plexmediaserver/Library... to root, made the symlink (like discribed in the link above), started PMS (via GUI) and tried a movie on my iPhone....voila within one second the movie started (before I was waiting at least 5 minutes and nothing happend).
    So maybe there's still an issue with the latest PMS-plugin (1.0.15). I also have to confess that some days ago, as I got a message that there's an update for PMS (I'm a PlexPass-member) available, I had a look at the ninthgate repo, downloaded the latest version from there (v1.0.1.2396_debian_amd64). Installed it via CLI (just with dpkg -i plexmediaserver_xxxx) and started PMS via GUI (before I've stopped it there) again. So no problem since than except the one with transcoding. But right now with copying Codecs-folder to root transcoding is back again....

I hope I could help you with this thread.

@viald

Maybe you suffer the same problem with missing Codecs-folder under root. This folder must be under /media/uuid/plexmediaserver....

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• If the plexcodecs folder is not there all you have to do is disable the plugin and re-enable it. Then the plexcodecs folder will be created. You no longer have to create any symlink. With 1.0.15 the plugin does it for you. I tested the updated plugin a lot.

• Didn't know that. But I've installed PMS via plugin but there was no codecs-folder. I don't believe that the update to latest PMS removed codecs-folder.
    Anyway everything is working right now. Thanks for the info.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Hey all. I'm having the same issue as a lot of people after upgrading with plex refusing to play 95% of my content. I read through the thread and tried to follow the instruction provided for my predecessors, mainly:

After I followed these I reinstalled the plugin through OMV's plugin section, reenabled the service and pointed it to the same data volume, however when going into the webclient, it no longer finds any servers. :/ See attachment!
    Here's hoping someone can help me out, because the selection on Netflix is really getting on my nerves. :(

• When you've started PlexMediaServer via GUI then open a new tab within your internet explorer (firefox,...), enter the IP address of your HomeServer followed by :32400/web (like: http://IP-Address:32400/web)
    Try to do that

• @Huberer if you did the symlink yourself that method will work fine except when if you uninstall. On uninstallation the folder would have to have the same name, /opt/plexcodecs, I used for it to be uninstalled with the plugin. But things should work fine with what you did.

• plexcodecs folder is available but empty

Code
    root@NAS:/opt# find /opt/plexcodecs/ -print
    /opt/plexcodecs/
    /opt/plexcodecs/Codecs
    /opt/plexcodecs/Codecs/.device-id
    /opt/plexcodecs/Codecs/2c361e4-1071-linux-ubuntu-x86_64
    root@NAS:/opt#

Code
    root@NAS:~# ls -la /opt
    total 24
    drwxrwxr-x  6 root        users 4096 juil. 18 15:48 .
    drwxr-xr-x 25 root        root  4096 juin   2 16:52 ..
    drwxr-xr-x  3 plex        plex  4096 juil. 18 15:48 plexcodecs
    drwxr-xr-x 16 root        root  4096 juin   2 19:38 SABnzbd

Thanks a lot all for your suggestions, but in my case the folder /opt/plexcodecs exists, but I still have the same issue.

• @Huberer if you did the symlink yourself that method will work fine except when if you uninstall. On uninstallation the folder would have to have the same name, /opt/plexcodecs, I used for it to be uninstalled with the plugin. But things should work fine with what you did.

It's not my plan to uninstall. If there's a new update available I only make a simple install of the new package. Than I will see if transcoding is working or not. If not I will do the symlink again. Thanks for hint anway.

• @viald

Check and see if you have anything in location:

ls -la /var/lib/plexmediaserver

I know that /var/lib/plexmediaserver is the default folder used by plex server.

Code
    root@NAS:~# ls -la /var/lib/plexmediaserver
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 plex plex 59 juil. 18 16:18 /var/lib/plexmediaserver -> /media/11a74c65-d873-4583-8b0c-20a4ec7e38e2/plexmediaserver

I did the symlink to my plex library used before the plex update, because the plex OMV plugin was not able to take into account this "old" setting

• You don't need a symlink. The plugin changes the home directory of the plex user to the new location. I would purge it all and reinstall the plugin.

apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get purge plexmediaserver
    rm /var/lib/plexmediaserver
    userdel plex
    rm -rf /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d

I've done several installs with the new plugin and new package. There are no issues with it. I just upgraded one of my old OMV machines from .4 OMV to OMV 2.x. No problems with plex and the new plugin.

• I also would suggest for doing that discribed by @WastlJ

• apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get purge plexmediaserver
    rm /var/lib/plexmediaserver
    userdel plex
    rm -rf /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d

Done.

Then install Plex plugins from OMV GUI.

Done.

Plex user settings before configuring the plugin

Code
    root@NAS:/var/lib# grep plex /etc/passwd
    plex:x:113:119::/var/lib/plexmediaserver:/bin/bash

Set the Plex plugin and apply it

Plex user settings after configuring the plugin

Code
    root@NAS:/var/lib# grep plex /etc/passwd
    plex:x:113:119::/var/lib/plexmediaserver:/bin/bash

Still the same home directory :/

Not sure the plugin is working well on my system.

Release information

Code
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver                              1.0.15                         all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  plexmediaserver                                             1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-debian      amd64        Plex Media Server for Linux
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver                              1.0.15                         all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media
  • Extract from fstab

Code
    UUID=11a74c65-d873-4583-8b0c-20a4ec7e38e2 /media/11a74c65-d873-4583-8b0c-20a4ec7e38e2 ext4 defaults,nofail,acl,user_xattr,noexec,us
    rjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 2

Code
    root@NAS:~# df -h
    /dev/sdg1                                                1,8T  556G  1,2T  32% /media/11a74c65-d873-4583-8b0c-20a4ec7e38e2
    Code
    root@NAS:~# ls -al /media/11a74c65-d873-4583-8b0c-20a4ec7e38e2/plexmediaserver/
    total 12
    drwxr-xr-x  3 plex plex 4096 juil. 18 15:11 .
    drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 juil. 18 15:16 ..
    drwxr-xr-x  3 plex plex 4096 juil. 18 16:37 Library
  • I also tried my others volumes, but the plex user home directory remains the same.
    I'm not sure it's related to the D5 volume.

Is it possible to have debug level for the plex plugin ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!