Re-installation of OMV to get rid of "rubbish", but keeping OMV config.

• Hi,

I have been using OMV for a few years now, and my system is intermittenlty 'freezing'. The WebGUI does not respond, try to SSH and no connection can be made and Samba share stop repsonding. I generally run headless, but when in this state I can login locally, service --status-all show all processes running.

I want to do a clean install, while maintaining data and OMV settings. I hav read the post (Re)Installation of OpenMediaVault which seems simple enough.

When do you use the "config.xml" to restore your OMV settings?

Regards,
    Marc

• Offizieller Beitrag

When do you use the "config.xml" to restore your OMV settings?

That hasn't been implemented. Restoring/Placing the config.xml at the default folder will only work for omv to read those values but the "real" services will not have that configuration. If you're a long time user of omv you have probably realized by now how omv works internally to configure everything.

Reinstall and keep the config.xml as a reference for reconfiguring all your services and options.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!