High memory usage on web browser.

• Hi, I have 3 OMV servers (lab tests) and usually I keep web browser 'open' against them (do not log out)
    Screen used is Dashboard, but seems that any other screen used makes same sympthoms.
    Result is that after 12 hours Web Browser memory usage is > 1,5GB.
    I've tested with firefox, chrome and midori, (windows and fedora where applicable) and similar results are obtained.
    Only one Web Browser with 3 tabs.

Any hints ?

Regards

OMV 4.x. OMV-Extras ZFS iSCSI Infiniband. Testing OMV 5.1. Testing OMV arm64

• I have been running OMV 2.2.4 for the last 2 weeks
    I keep a window of dashboard open all the time.
    my chrome process never gets over 120 MB, mostly stays with in 85-95 MB range.

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• my chrome process never gets over 120 MB, mostly stays with in 85-95 MB range.

Hi thanks for your answer.
    Did you select 'display processes from ALL users'?

Please see my next post (chromium has 6 proceses in my system)

Regards

• Yesterday I started midori with 3 tabs pointing to 3 different OMVs .
    It started with 267 MB . This morning (after 18 hours) process midori was using 2,4 GB of private ram.
    This is about 37MB/hour of increase for every OMV tab.

Today I've started:
    -1 process with midori 1 window, 1 tab. it started with 168 MB..... 4 hours after it is using 353MB
    -1 process with firefox 1 window, 1 tab. it started with 277MB...... 4 hours after it is using 412MB
    -1 process with chromium 1 window, 1 tab .
    Chromium started 6 processs this is the evolution of every process after 4 hours:
    --1.- 168MB >>>> 164MB
    --2.- 19MB >>>> 20MB
    --3.- 131MB >>>>> 126MB
    --4.- 148MB >>>>> 316 MB >> +168MB >> 40MB/hour
    --5.- 76MB >>>> 76MB
    --6.- 14MB >>>> 14MB

You can see that process #4 is 'growing' 40MB/hour
    Attached a copy of screen of the results (chromium) after four hours.
    Attached also a copy of results of 'ps-ef | grep chromium' where we can see the full parameters of every proccess.

Any hint ?

Regards.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does it do this if you leave a tab open that doesn't auto-refresh? I don't see any reason to leave an auto-refreshing tab open when you aren't viewing it. You could try leaving the home panel open instead. This is probably an extjs5/browser issue not really OMV.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi thanks for your answer.
    Did you select 'display processes from ALL users'?

Please see my next post (chromium has 6 proceses in my system)

Regards

I only have one user.
    and yes I can see all the processes on the system.
    the most I have seen chrome use is 260MB but it was not for long.
    it dropped to under 100 in about a minute. and I am not really sure it was OMV, as I had almost 20 tabls opened for different use and only 2 were OMV

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• Does it do this if you leave a tab open that doesn't auto-refresh? I don't see any reason to leave an auto-refreshing tab open when you aren't viewing it. You could try leaving the home panel open instead. This is probably an extjs5/browser issue not really OMV.

Thanks fou your input.
    You're rigth, it is not necessary, and probabbly it woul not be related to OMV.
    I didn't thought about it. Will check and report.

Regards.

• the most I have seen chrome use is 260MB but it was not for long.
    it dropped to under 100 in about a minute. and I am not really sure it was OMV, as I had almost 20 tabls opened for different use and only 2 were OMV

20 Tabs and only 260 MB?
    Please let me know how do you do that !!!

My short experience with chrome (I do not use it) is that every tab is a new process, with no less than 140MB each.
    I've used chromium under fedora for above tests, and with only one tab (OMV) I get 6 procceses with near 500M of total memory used.

Regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

Task Manager on Windows 7 (show all users checked) - 7 tabs with 3 OMV tabs (3 different machines)

Bilder

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I also see this problem with OMV 3.0.83

One issue is leakage of ExtJS components:

Ext.ComponentManager.getCount() reports that the number of components is steadily increasing.
    One suspicious point is the progress bars in the system information widget.
    If I comment out lines 227..241 in js/omv/util/Format.js, there is no more increase of ExtJS components (but of course the CPU usage and memory usage progress bars are no longer shown).

Edit:
    There is a similar issue (leaking ExtJS components) when OMV.MessageBox.guru is called more than once.
    For example, when the session has expired, a new guru meditation window is created each time there is a reply to the "getInformation" request, causing a leak of ~1MB / minute.

All of this with Chrome 59.0.3071.115

Edit 2:
    This change greatly improves the leak caused by the guru meditation windows:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!