Do have problems with nginx configuration

• Hi all,

I hope that somebody is able to give me some hints how I can get Nginx under control.
    Like to use it in relation to my seafile installation.

In my mailbox I get the following warnings/errors:

Code
    PID changed Service nginx        Date:        Sat, 11 Jun 2016 16:03:48        Action:      alert        Host:        NAS.local        Description: process PID changed from 2469 to 9460Your faithful employee,Monit

Code
    PID changed Service php5-fpm        Date:        Sat, 11 Jun 2016 16:06:48        Action:      alert        Host:        NAS.local        Description: process PID changed from 2548 to 10497

Code
    Does not exist Service nginx        Date:        Sat, 11 Jun 2016 16:06:49        Action:      restart        Host:        NAS.local        Description: process is not runningYour faithful employee,Monit

Code
    Execution failed Service nginx        Date:        Sat, 11 Jun 2016 16:07:19        Action:      alert        Host:        NAS.local        Description: failed to startYour faithful employee,Monit

Code
    After I made a restart I get the following error:2016/06/12 12:34:14 [error] 2613#0: *53 directory index of "/media/4fcfda30-31ac-49ad-8d8c-d84723cbe1af/SeaFile-Data//" is forbidden, client: ::ffff:192.168.88.30, server: , request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.88.50:8080"

I have actually no clue how I get that error scenario under control.

best regards
    Alfons

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your title is misleading. The plugin works fine when it is configured correctly.

The last error message is because you don't have the auto index set or you don't have an index.php/index.html page.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

No idea. I don't use seafile. There is a thread that discusses that setup.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Actually I give up don't like half of my short life to get Seafile working.

Actually, ou are getting closer. At least, you were able to save some configuration for nginx without getting an error message. If you set the switch Autoindex to on you will see some files. (not that you wuld recognise those).

If this works, you can start wit hpart 4 of the Seafile tutorial.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Honestly actually my patience is over, I think one of the main feature for a NAS is the share on all devices that's something I like to have and many users requesting that. But without a robe I can't climb a mountain. It's way to difficult to get that running on OMV. Doesn't matter "Game over".

• Openalf, I do feel sorry for you, you have tried patiently and politely to get help and help has been given but maybe not enough. I can help a little more but I'm not sure how much help I will be as I only have a little knowledge in some areas :)

Firstly, I noticed above you have a forbidden directory ("/media/4fcfda30-31ac-49ad-8d8c-d84723cbe1af/SeaFile-Data//" is forbidden). I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but during the Seafile installation it says to append another folder onto that data directory for the seafile data eg /media/4fcfda30-31ac-49ad-8d8c-d84723cbe1af/SeaFile-Data/DATA From what I remember it doesn't work without that extra sub folder. As for the two trailing slashes I don't think you need them.

Secondly, Can you do Part 4 of the guide again and post screen shots of all the settings you have, the ones above don't look right to me. I can only read English but in comparison to what I have they look wrong... Unless that's not a seafile server in those images.

• Your Default (SSL) should be enable as a default.

Your Seafile-Data is not require to be created prior the installation.
    If you have created the Seafile-Data as the instructions instructed, then paste that path when it prompts you.
    Otherwise, just manually type in: /media/UUID/www/.... hit Enter.

For you case, delete the folder you have, then re-create the Seafile-data.
    And if you want to use that, then select it /media/4fc....../Seafile-Data/

The Seafile data is tricky, if you move it to another location after the installation, it may not work even you update to the correct path.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Honestly I think I have somehow destroyed my seafile installation and like to un install again. Then start from the scratch again. I did the former installation into /root/seafile, how can I delete the seafile installation so I can start from scratch again? Should I use Purge and will this also give me the right to create a new password?

• You can sudo or login as root and do this: rm -r seafile....
    Ensure you stop the nginx service for Seafile before do this.

Seafile is nice, and easy to use, but it lack some features such as antivirus, and external storage mounting that NextCloud (owncloud) has.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Well I did uninstall seafile; but before I start the new installation I like to understand if I should create a new folder or should I place it under /root/seafile? I also belive that I don't need to make a new configuration for mysql? What else should I think about before doing the installation. Don't get me wrong I'm not lazy but I feel that I should discuss those steps before I go ahead again.

• Well if you're doing a new installation from the new updated guide then don't create any folders etc. just start at the top and it should create everything as you go. The new guide will automate the user and database setup. I imagine you can use your old database but I haven't done it that way so I'm not sure. You can delete the databases and start again if you want to.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!