Do have problems with nginx configuration

• Offizieller Beitrag

@openalf, You didn't following my directions. I said execute mysql as root. You didn't do that.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @Zoki, I seem to have got the seafile restart working if i use /etc/init.d/seafile-server restart. But if i use /etc/init.d/seafile-server stop or start it doesn't restart seahub...strange!

If I revert fastscgi back to false to not use ssl I then have to reboot because /etc/init.d/seafile-server restart doesn't help...lol...stranger!

• @baldman pm me your script (the one you have i stalled) and the logs from your ~seafile/logs folder and i will take a look

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Hi Guys, I'm partly back on track again but there is something rotten, when I reboot the system the Seafile server doesn't start up automatically. I have to do the steps manually then the server works.

• @openalf, Zoki and i have been sorting some things out and I will have an updated startup script coming soon. In the meantime you can continue to Part 4 and setup Nginx. You'll be able to update the startup script afterward. I'm not saying this will fix your problem with startup but it might.

• Just an FYI;
    I came from seafile and went crazy from the hilariously strange naming conventions by seafile. It's calling folders libraries and vice versa, and you never really know what's encrypted where, let alone the strange web-UI missing all kinds of crucial features. Not to mention the config horror of proxying through port 443 in nginx, and the extra dependency with mysql. My users hated seafile, and I could not blame them. Now they're using syncthing, which is a much better solution for them and for me too. But I had to vm them all a different instance, which sucks, but there is an OMV plugin that runs separate instances of syncthing on different ports, which does the job.
    Just sayin'.

• @OhMyVirtual, I agree with you that Syncthing is good but like Seafile I don't use it either. Everybody has their own preferences just like I prefer ownCloud. If I get Duplicati working the way I want then I might switch to Syncthing for file sharing and let Duplicati do my main backups. At the moment I have Crashplan doing my backups and this is because it encrypts the files in storage so they aren't view-able in storage. This is also one of the reasons why I don't use Syncthing, it doesn't have an option for encrypting stored files. Seafile and ownCloud do though. I also think the Seafile desktop client has great potential, you can view non synced files through the client too so webdav & browser is not needed unlike ownCloud.

That's my opinion...lol :)

• No I'm not yet done but I come forward, but after reboot the server is still not starting. Therefore I'm not yet done with part4. But I do have a good personal coach :-). Will you offer a new start script?

• The new startup script is up and the command to create the seafile user has also been updated. If I understood Zoki correctly you will need to change your seafile login she'll too.

Change the shell like this:
    chsh seafile
    and enter /bin/bash when prompted

You can delete your old startup script and wget the new one. Then you'll just need to change the fastcgi value to true after you setup nginx

Don't forget after you change the fastcgi value to restart seafile with
    /etc/init.d/seafile-server restart

I'm not sure if this will lelp but it's worth a try.

• This is also one of the reasons why I don't use Syncthing, it doesn't have an option for encrypting stored files.

Yes, I also contemplated that fact a while ago, then I realized syncthing's stored data wasn't accessible any more or less than my /etc/shadow file was on those machines that held syncthing data 'in the open'. All my machines are so well protected from unwanted third party access (I generally use http://configserver.com/cp/csf.html and some other tools for the internet-facing linux machines) that the encrypted storage reason turned out to be moot, for my usage anyway. I maintain them all myself, and 'my' users trust me. And they can, because I wouldn't even have time to look into their syncthing data storage..

Other than that, I think syncthing will also offer encrypted storage options soon enough. Just another option in the wealth of config for this great syncing software.

• I hope they do offer encryption one day, they have been talking about it for a long time and it still hasn't happened yet otherwise id be using it..lol. I do like Synching but it just lacks that one thing for me ant the moment. Like Crashplan I don't just store data on machines/clouds I control and you never know whos looking. I also don't want to keep an encrypted copy locally and then have to sync it remotely cause that will double my space requirements locally. I haven't used Seafile extensively and probably wont at this stage but I do see its potential.

Syncthing is good for basic day to day file sharing like Dropbox etc. But I think leave the important backing up to applications like CrashPlan with encryption is a good way to go.

• Finally after reboot the server starts automatically. Is it really true that the directory is none in nginx?

Yes, Its because nginx is being used as a proxy only. It redirects traffic to the seafile application so there is no need for a hosted web directory as its not used.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!