Do have problems with nginx configuration

• mmm not sure on that one, Maybe remove and re-install the MySQL plugin... IF you aren't using MySQL databases on other applications. You will probably need to remove the data from the MySQL-Data folder too.

• Try this:

Log in as root and stop the mysql daemon. Now lets start up the mysql daemon and skip the grant tables which store the passwords.
    sudo /etc/init.d/mysql stop
    mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables
    You should see mysqld start up successfully. If not, well you have bigger issues. Now you should be able to connect to mysql without a password.
    mysql --user=root mysql

Code
    update user set Password=PASSWORD('new-password') where user='root';
    flush privileges;
    exit

Then restart it normally. You should be good to go.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• I can't remember the password for mysql anymore; I noted it down the day a did the seafile install but put the note away. So how to get it get back again?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refma…ting-permissions.html</a>

to stop mysql use

Code
    /etc/init.d/mysql stop

to start mysql use

Code
    /etc/init.d/mysql start

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Well I did uninstall seafile; but before I start the new installation I like to understand if I should create a new folder or should I place it under /root/seafile? I also belive that I don't need to make a new configuration for mysql? What else should I think about before doing the installation. Don't get me wrong I'm not lazy but I feel that I should discuss those steps before I go ahead again.

I do not know how you did the first install of seafile. If you created a seafile user and re going to follow the new guide, you should delete the old seafile user first :

Code
    userdel seafile

@baldman
    And please not: there is a step missing in the new tutorial in part 4 between step 6 and 7:

6b restart seafile to make it recognize the new settings

Code
    /etc/init.d/seafile-server stop
    /etc/init.d/seafile-server start

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Zoki ()

• @Zoki, Restarting either Seafile the way you said above or restarting Nginx did not work for me in a fresh new VM. The only thing that worked was to reboot the server. I original had a step there saying to reboot but someone asked me to remove that step saying I was not necessary. For now I will have to put it back in or people will complain about bad gateways. I'll do some more testing later, we might need to restart it another way.

• Sorry, but what should happen here?

Code
    Stopping MySQL database server: mysqld.
    root@NAS:~# mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables
    160617 16:55:20 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
    160617 16:55:20 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /media/4fcfda30-31ac-49ad-8d8c-d84723cbe1af/MYSQL-DATA/
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Change the:
    new-password
    to your new password:
    really_good_password!

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you cut&paste the error and command you executed minus the new password?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to login to mysql to execute that command. Starting mysql in safe mode allows you to do that with no password. As root,
    execute: mysql then enter the update user sql command. Don't forgot the semi-colon at the end.

• Not sure what I do wrong...

root@NAS:~# sudo /etc/init.d/mysql stop
    160617 19:34:48 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
    160617 19:34:48 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /media/4fcfda30-31ac-49ad-8d8c-d84723cbe1af/MYSQL-DATA/

How do I see that mysql starts automatically
    Should I see

root@nas again or?

• Something looks wrong to me:

Code
    160617 20:05:24 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
    160617 20:05:24 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /media/4fcfda30-31ac-49ad-8d8c-d84723cbe1af/MYSQL-DATA/
    mysql --user=root mysql
    update user set Password=PASSWORD('xxxxx9999') where user='root';
    flush privileges;

sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start
  • I also see that I do have a seafile db file, do I need to delete that one?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!