Seafile Installation

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok, I've run into a snag with auto database creation. This is also why I gave up last time and went with manual database creation. No mater what I do a cannot get the MySQL root user password correct. I've tried the normal omv root user password, I've tried creating the root password in the MySQL Plugin settings, I've even tried using no password as you do when visiting plugins management site. I'm not sure what I'm missing here?

I think ill just change it in the management site if that's what I meant to do, but Isn't it meant to be done in the plugin settings page?

I'm getting ready to leave for to work all night, but I changed it in the MySQL page. One thing I found weird, is when I logged in to do this, there were like 4 root accounts (root@:::1, root@server-ip, root@localhost and root@domain). I believe I deleted all of them except local host, and it worked fine.

I'll try to check tomorrow morning.

• Km0201, did you get your uploads working?

Openalf, sorry, I was online last night but think I missed you. So as it stands at the moment you have everything working and you have completed part 3 of guide?.. if you are still having trouble with nginx I would recommend removing and reinstall the nginx plugin if possible. Or remove any servers you have and reboot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Km0201, did you get your uploads working?

Openalf, sorry, I was online last night but think I missed you. So as it stands at the moment you have everything working and you have completed part 3 of guide?.. if you are still having trouble with nginx I would recommend removing and reinstall the nginx plugin if possible. Or remove any servers you have and reboot.

I work 12-16hr shifts... won't be off till Thur... I'll let you know then

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• You can uninstall it from the same place you installed it in OMV. I don't think it will completely remove nginx but hopefully it will reset a few things when you reinstall it. I think OMV is built on nginx too so I'm not sure how much the nginx plugin integrates with core nginx of OMV. Without advice from the experts (not me...lol) I wouldn't go purging nginx.

• KM0201, I did a little more googling and people say removing all those MySQL root accounts is not really a good idea cause MySQL still uses them all. Anyway, just in case your interested I found that you can change all the root account passwords in one hit with the following lines.

mysql -u root -p
    UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = PASSWORD('new.password')
    WHERE User = 'root';
    FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
    exit

HTH :)

• tihn_x7, I'm not sure if that will work, give it go, I reckon it will or it wont but I don't think it will hurt anything.

Here's another question for all. I'm running through my tests for the new guide. I've installed everything as the seafile user and created all the databases but the startup script still only works with the root user. Is this what everyone has in their startup scripts now or does it have to be set to user=seafile?... If I set it to root it just simply doesn't start and I have to start it manually. Can the startup script be left running as root?

• When I started the installation, I started as 'root'.
    If you started as another user, then you need to change to that username, and update the Seafile installation directory in the script.
    The script is looking for this folder name: seafile-server-latest

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• I've installed this on a new clean virtual machine. I plan on upgrading the tutorial for the seafile installation with its own user. So far I have it working perfectly with all my notes ready to go for the update. My only issue is the startup script wont work with the seafile user, it only works with the root user. I have already updated the startup script with new seafile directory and that's working fine.

• I've linked my data drive to /root/seafile/seafile-data but can't find it anywhere on the web interface.

Code
    root@server:~/seafile/seafile-data# ls -la
    total 28
    drwx------ 7 root root 4096 May 31 12:47 .
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 May 31 09:13 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 31 08:32 commits
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 31 08:32 fs
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 31 11:30 httptemp
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   51 May 31 12:47 Shared -> /media/54bf67db-da31-4c50-bb3c-27140944b223/Shared/
    drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 May 31 08:32 storage
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 31 11:30 tmpfiles

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Try this: sudo apt-get purge <package-name>

Don't do this for nginx. You will not be able to access OMV via browser any more.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I've installed this on a new clean virtual machine. I plan on upgrading the tutorial for the seafile installation with its own user. So far I have it working perfectly with all my notes ready to go for the update. My only issue is the startup script wont work with the seafile user, it only works with the root user. I have already updated the startup script with new seafile directory and that's working fine.

The startup script has to use the seafile user. If it is not running, something else must be wrong. Did you create the seafile user with a home directory?

Code
    cat /etc/passwd | grep seafile

The script tries invoke ~seafile/seafile-server-latest/seafile.sh an ~seafile/seafile-server-latest-seahub.sh as this user.

If you send me your notes, I can do a dry-run one a VM tonight / tomorrow.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I've linked my data drive to /root/seafile/seafile-data but can't find it anywhere on the web interface.

Code
    root@server:~/seafile/seafile-data# ls -la
    total 28
    drwx------ 7 root root 4096 May 31 12:47 .
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 May 31 09:13 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 31 08:32 commits
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 31 08:32 fs
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 31 11:30 httptemp
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   51 May 31 12:47 Shared -> /media/54bf67db-da31-4c50-bb3c-27140944b223/Shared/
    drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 May 31 08:32 storage
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 31 11:30 tmpfiles

Probably seafile does not, what you expect it to do! Seafile will not give you access to any existing file an the share. Seafile will serve only files uploaded via web gui or seafile client. It uses a binary format to store the data and you will not be able to read the files. On my system it look like this:

Code
    root@omv:~# ls -l /media/279518ea-0b44-479f-952f-d549dca76193/seafile/data/
    insgesamt 24
    drwxr-xr-x 2 seafile seafile 4096 Nov 13  2014 commits
    drwxr-xr-x 2 seafile seafile 4096 Nov 13  2014 fs
    drwxr-xr-x 2 seafile seafile 4096 Mai 27 18:28 httptemp
    drwxr-xr-x 2 seafile seafile 4096 Nov 13  2014 library-template
    drwxr-xr-x 5 seafile seafile 4096 Nov 13  2014 storage
    drwxr-xr-x 2 seafile seafile 4096 Mai 31 08:53 tmpfiles

Within this folders are the files om my users in a format similar to the one the sorce code management system git is using internally.

I urge you to remove the link before uploading any files, as I do not know what seafile will do with existing files in it's data folder.

• Ha ha Zoki, I don't think you'd want my notes, Half of its in my head and the other half in at txt file completely all over the place.. but I do know what it all means..lol :)

Here's a snippet:
    Create folders same as tutorial
    Install MySQL
    Create user for seafile with: useradd -m -d /srv/seafile -s /bin/false seafile
    su - seafile
    Install Seafile

Part 3 is the same only change the startup script to include the mysql lines, the user and the seafile directory

Part 4 is the same (using fastcgi=true)

I should mention that depending on the browser you use copying code from this forum can be a nightmare and cause so many installation issues :S

• Another error that I encounter is the seahub.log is not logging.
    I also enabled this in the GUI: FREEZE_USER_ON_LOGIN_FAILED

I'm try to setup Fail2Ban...
    Anybody in here have this issue?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!