Seafile Installation

• Ups, i see.
    I can not really help you, because I am not using the nginx plugin.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I hope somebody can help me with some hints how I can get it fixed, there must be some users out there using that plugin.
    Actually I read all threads around OMV and nginx but I can't find the solution for my problem yet.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It was obviously a permission problem.. not sure where it was though... I now have seafile up and running as a user w/o issue....

Pretty sure I did this properly, and I'm able to upload/download w/o issue and it seems to be running properly...

How I done it:

1. Created the user and group "seafile", and put the seafile user in the seafile group. You can do this in the webUI or command line if you're comfortable with this
    2. mkdir /home/seafile
    3. chown -R seafile:seafile /home/seafile
    4. After this, change to your user 'seafile' (ie, su seafile)
    5. Partially followed Part 1 in the tutorial by creating the shares in the omv webUI, and instaling the mySQL plugin. Here, I stopped at "creating the databases" and instead chose to let the script do that.
    6. cd to the home directory you created above (ie.. cd /home/seafile)
    7. Follow Part 2 in its entirety, only difference is, Instead of choosing "Option 2" choose "Option 1". and simply take the default for all the database names, etc.

After the installer finishes, you should be able to start the scripts w/o being root as they are owned by seafile:users
    ./seafile.sh start
    ./seahub.sh start
    Once you start seahub you'll be asked some questions (admin email and password) and then you should be able to log in to Seafile at http://yourserverip:8000

Then follow part 3 to create script. Only changes to the script you need to make are:
    user=username you created in step 1 (ie, seafile)
    path to the installation. This will be the home path you created in step 2 above, plus the top seafile directory.. in my case, /home/seafile/seafile

After you make it executable, etc., reboot and all should be good.

Now to see if I can figure out SSL

• I got a bad gateway 502 error.
    /etc/init.d/seafile-server

seafile.sh, seahub.sh

installation permissions:

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• I just found out that I enabled SSL and forced it to a non-standard port, but somehow it's running on port 8000.
    I can't log in my 7443 port.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• You need to fix the https paths in Seafile admin or the uploads error I think. In a couple of hours ill come back finish part 4 of the guide test run I was doing. I stopped doing the test at the end of part 3 cause I was waiting for others to sort their problems out...lol.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to fix the https paths in Seafile admin or the uploads error I think. In a couple of hours ill come back finish part 4 of the guide test run I was doing. I stopped doing the test at the end of part 3 cause I was waiting for others to sort their problems out...lol.

I'll be eagerly awaiting that, as that would be the one thing keeping me from implementing it on my home NAS.... other than the minor hiccups I had... I'm actually surprised how easy this was to setup (w/o ssl)... I just don't like services running as root if it can be avoided.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Ok, Keeping in mind that I have followed the Guide and installed Seafile as the root user. I have confirmed that yes you do have to change the settings in Seafile's admin page for uploads to be successful. If you don't you will get access denied errors upon unloading files. Its the very last step in the guide Part 4 Steep 9.

tinh_x7, if you proceed to Part 4 and install Nginx then once you complete Part 4 step 6 (fastcgi=true) and reboot you will not be able to load Seafile in your browser using port 8000. If you wish to use a non secure address such as HTTP and not HTTPS then you will need to revert fastcgi back to the false value. You cannot use port 8000 in nginx for Seafile it must be a different port.

However, I did actually complete the installation following the guide with no errors at all. Next ill run up another virtual machine and try installing Seafile as another user and auto create the databases. If successful I'll update the guide :)

• I know but I still get 502 Bad gateway on https.
    When I ran seahub.sh, it starts automatically at port 8000.

Code
    [General]
    USER_NAME = seafile
    ID = a0df893073be2c9b84b300aaa811b4dbc84af1dc
    NAME = seafile
    SERVICE_URL = https://192.168.1.97:7443

[Client]
    PORT = 13419

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• I got confused b/c I'm thinking if I use a non-standard port SSL, I need to change the fastcgi port in the script too.
    Thanks, baldman.

by the way: how do add smb/cifs/external storage share drive from OMV to seafile?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• No, Think of it like this. The Seafile application installs and runs in its normal state on pot 8000. Nginx then runs in front of the Seafile application as a proxy listening on SSL port 7443, it then tunnels all Seafile request securely to Seafile. So you are not actually exposing Seafile to the external web, you only expose Nginx on its SSL port.

I'm not really sure about adding external storage to Seafile cause to be honest I haven't really used it. I like owncloud :) ... Maybe when I update to the latest Seafile there might be some new features.

• Ok, I've run into a snag with auto database creation. This is also why I gave up last time and went with manual database creation. No mater what I do a cannot get the MySQL root user password correct. I've tried the normal omv root user password, I've tried creating the root password in the MySQL Plugin settings, I've even tried using no password as you do when visiting plugins management site. I'm not sure what I'm missing here?

I think ill just change it in the management site if that's what I meant to do, but Isn't it meant to be done in the plugin settings page?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!