Seafile Installation

• Offizieller Beitrag

I hope we have a plugin for Pydio or something better if OwnCloud cease to exist one day.

Pydio plugin won't come from me. I don't like it at all. That is why I wrote the plugin for syncthing (I know it isn't quite the same).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I tried below command and got the following statement:

I managed in the meantime to run the command, but still Seafile doesn't boot by start.

Can you take a look in /etc/rc3.d again?

Code
    ls /etc/rc3.d/

S0xmysql should be before S0yseafile-server, i.e x should be lower than y.

Are you sure, you have the same mysql error in the logs as mentioned before?

Does

Code
    /etc/init.d/seafile-server start

or

Code
    service seafile-server start

really start seafile for you?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Order of the scripts looks right, but if both commands are not working for you it means, your start script is not working.
    How do you know it is not working. There should be no output from these commands.

Do you have anything in the logs?

Code
    cat /root/seafile/logs/*

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• From the logs it looks like you started seafile successfully yesterday evening:

Still having problems?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Zoki ()

• Are you using fastcgi on port 8000? Your browser does not understand this.

can you give me

Code
    netstat -tulpen

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm having the same problem, won't start on boot. I've not proceeded past step 3 (ie, SSL)... this is the most recent incarnation. Starts fine w/o error when I start it manually, just won't start on boot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

KM0201, Do you mean to say you are using the latest Seafile or the one in the Guide?

The one in the guide... I assumed that was the newest I've been meaning to try this for a while and kept putting it off, and finally had a day to mess w/ it.

• I haven't updated the guide since it was created. I've been testing the version in the guide (seafile-server_5.0.4) on a new clean updated OMV 2.2.4 and it works well. I will test the latest Seafile next (if there is a later one!)

I would recommend to anyone following the guide to use the Seafile version in the guide till ive updated it.

Also, fastcgi needs to be set to false until part 4 of the guide otherwise the GUI wont load in your browser on port 8000.

The MySQL settings Zoki recommended earlier had no effect on my system, I suppose it may help others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I used the guide version.... When I said the "latest incarnation" I meant that was the latest startup script I had tried.... fastcgi is set to false. I think whatever is wrong, is wrong w/ the script... the server starts just fine, runs fine, etc.. if I start it manually... but obviously I'd like it to start on boot.. and that is the issue.

• So let me explain what is happening:

• update-rc.d <service> defaults tries to create start scripts in /etc/rc3.d (and on other runlevels) so that declared dependencies are started befor the service.
      seafile needs mysql to run before it is started. Now it depends on the other services you have on your system if it works. By chance m(ysql) is alphabetically before s(seafile-server) So S01mysql will be started before S01seafile-server if no other service tells otherwise and wants to be started after networt but befor mysql. It will be a safe bet to add the dependency declaration.
    • fastcgi is overriden in the start script (see line 24 and 37 ff). If you do not set the fastcgi variable correct for your configuration you will have a different behaviour between starting seafile as a service and starting t manually. To start seafile manually in fastcgi mde you have to add two optional parameters -fastcgi and fastcgi port.
      When you start manually, you do not pass these optional parameters.

• My MySQL server starts after Seafile and I don't have any problems but I suppose It can't hurt to add it to the script anyway.

• Strange! The init script starts seafile.sh which opens a connection to the database.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!