can't save settings without error --> dirtymodules.json

• hiho from good old germany ;)

I'm currently trying to install OMV 2.x on an ASrock AM1B-MDH with AMD A5350.
    Installation went fine.
    After install I've used omv-update, which runs fine too.

But in the web-gui no settings can be saved ...
    f.e.:
    By activating NTP it causes this message:

By setting the timeout for the web-sessions, it is this one:

The solutions, i've found in the forum, didn't work for me ...

I've tried the backports-kernel ... no changes ...
    I've deleted the dirtymoules-file with

Code
    rm /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json
    /etc/init.d/openmediavault-engined restart

... no changes ...
    an empty dirtymodules.json is created on next save ...

Any idea, what causes this problem?
    It's the 1st machine, i get this errors.

running OMV 2.2.1
    with : SnapRAID - AUFS - TVheadend

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von El Muchacho ()

• Hi, same here.

After OMV updates each GUI action shows dirtymodules.json error.

Also not possible to connect via SSH (according to service list the ssh service is running).

So currently use fresh installation from "openmediavault_2.1_amd64.iso" and it seems to work.

Regards Jan

• I just installed from a fresh download and I also get this error trying to save ANY settings... here is the error:

• I also just reinstalled and I am getting exactly the same errors. I did a full reinstall again just to make sure. It seems that the settings are saving though.

• Sorry for the double post. Editing my last one gave me a wierd error message.
    Nonetheless I can't get the last build to work. I just did a second reinstall and when setting omv-firstaid network settings the first RPC exceptions pop up. If if enable SSH in the webportal I get the Json error mentioned above and the service does not come online although it is reported as being 'active' (slider on, status off).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Silberlog's post fixes it though.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I can also confirm that it works.
    Before you change or even login to the web portal. create the /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json file and save '[]', reboot. Even trying to set your network configuration will break your install.

@ryecoaaron
    Although this 'fix' works just fine. Getting OMV to work requires you to know at least one linux text editor and a bit about the file structure.
    Although this is free software and I am grateful for every LoC I use free of charge, in my opinion this should be fixed in the next release to allow others (without any linux knowledge) to enjoy this product.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Although this 'fix' works just fine. Getting OMV to work requires you to know at least one linux text editor and a bit about the file structure.

It doesn't require a text editor :)

As root:
    echo "[]" > /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json

You could even enter this command into a scheduled task in the web interface and execute it. You wouldn't even need ssh :)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• same here!

Fresh install of OMV 2.1 with all updates (apt-get update && apt-get upgrade) in VMware Workstation 12 and Virtualbox 5.
    Install. Media: openmediavault_2.1_amd64.iso (fresh download)

HP Proliant Gen8 with ESXi6.5

Storage - Raid5 with 4 x 3TB WDRed - System on microSD / Datastore on Samsung 850Pro - 250GB

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!