[HOWTO] Downgrade to version 3.0.13 after accidentally upgrading to newer version (breaking things)

• Yesterday I did an upgrade from 1.19 to 2.x.x. But since I saw something about OMV3 so I figured: Why stop at 2 when you can have 3? So without much thought I pressed the up arrow and enter. Upgrading to 3.0.25. The upgrade took a while, I used the time to click through the forum and read:

Zitat

Do not use omv-release-upgrade to upgrade your OMV 2.x to 3.x. It may damage your installation completely at the moment!

:whistling:

The drives are still reachable but the webgui isn't. In don't expect much help and I know that it would be easier to reinstall but I also see it as a challenge and a chance to learn some more about linux.

First I downgraded to 3.0.13 and took the version to hold like it's described earlier. Than I tried:

• apt-get clean, apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, apt-get install -f

• removed the keyrings and extras the only two plugins present
    • omv-engined -f
    Code
    PHP Notice:  Undefined index: OMV_ENGINED_SO_OWNERGROUP_NAME in /usr/sbin/omv-engined on line 389
    PHP Warning:  chgrp(): parameter 2 should be string or integer, null given in /usr/sbin/omv-engined on line 389
    • /etc/init.d/openmediavault stop, /etc/init.d/openmediavault start
    Code
    Cleaning up...rm: cannot remove ‘/var/lib/php5/modules’: Is a directory
    rm: cannot remove ‘/var/lib/php5/sessions’: Is a directory
    failed.

I removed the two folders manually now it just says:

Code
    Cleaning up...done.

Since I can't install anything due to unmet dependencies like udev, I tried to update the Kernel, but can't do that due to unmet dependencies oO.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!