OMV 2 Kernel 4.x Image

• Previously, I tried this method, but it didn't work for me: http://serverfault.com/questio…tected-hardware-unit-hang
    Then, I tried to disabled C1e state, using the kernel 4.5.3 , and update the nic driver, but error persist.
    Basically, OMV suppose to auto shutdown/wake up on daily basis according to cron job, but it freeze upon shutdown.
    Therefore, I have to manually shutdown every night.

Update: I've tried the new kernel but no luck.
    I even using this parameters: ethtool -K eth0 gso off gro off tso off

Not sure if this matter, but I notice that this does not happen frequently when I'm using HDD back then.
    Since I'm migrating OMV to SSD, this happens frequently.

Thanks.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• I notice that since I migrated from HDD to SSD, my cron shutdown isn't working anymore no matter which kernel I'm using.
    My eth0 is hanging upon auto shutdown.
    I notice that my swap is not present when I ran htop.
    I wonder if the swap is interfere with my auto shutdown.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You normally don't need the headers unless you are compiling a module against that kernel.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

kernel image but it doesn't hurt to install the headers. I was just saying you don't have to install them if you aren't compiling a module against them.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• HI,

I sorted a little bit the Storage,

now you will see a "Current" folder for the most actual kernel I build on this source tree.
    If you are intrested in older kernel Versions, you can find them in the "Old" folders.

Current 4.6
    Current 4.5
    Current 4.4

I suggest to always install the headers as you may need them to compile additional features like vBox driver ....

----------------------

visit my blog here!
    OMV v2.2.x (kernel 4.5.X) | ASRock Q1900M | 32GB RAM | Sandisk SSD | Marvell PCIe SATA|Controler (88SE9230) | 4x3TB RAID5

• I found a solution to my eth0 hanging during shutdown is to have TSO/GSO disabled permanently.
    In order for it to be persistent, is to create a script in /sbin/ifup-local.

For those who have the same issue that I have, you can use my script.

sudo chmod +x /sbin/ifup-local

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

10 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Link down : https://miami.tschoerner.eu/ke…%2Bcustom%2Bfts_amd64.deb and https://miami.tschoerner.eu/ke…%2Bcustom%2Bfts_amd64.deb

Could you create a tutorial or a guide how to compile kernel ?

That will be great

PS: @demetris do same for OMV3

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!