Teamviewer on NAS

• Hello,

How can I install Teamviewer as headless install on my OMV with minimal impact on OMV server + settings?

Teamviewer sent me these links below, on how to make it work.
    They say I need to enable kernel mode / frame buffer, how can I do this on OMV?

Zitat

Please configure your Linux into a Kernel mode. You can find more informations in the following links:

https://blog.teamviewer.com/remote-access-headless-linux/ and https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernel_mode_setting

• Just curious, exactly what are you expecting Teamviewer to show you and do for you?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• There is no gui on omv so teamviewer is totaly useless. Use ssh to configure it.

OMV 4 Arrakis | Kernel 4.14 ... running on
    SelfBuilt NAS -- Asrock Q1900-ITX -- 4x 2,4 GHz in Burst Mode -- 4 GB DDR3 RAM -- RAID 5 -- 3x 3TB WD Red

• They say I need to enable kernel mode / frame buffer, how can I do this on OMV?

You need to install it from a real TTY console, so you need to be in front of your system to install it. Installing it via SSH does NOT work.

Just curious, exactly what are you expecting Teamviewer to show you and do for you?

What are you gonna use Teamviewer for? Easy access through Firewalls, exactly that offers Teamviewer now for Headless Systems. The question still remains though if you would consider teamviewer this trustworthy.

There is no gui on omv so teamviewer is totaly useless. Use ssh to configure it.

Part of this may be true, but the story is, once Teamviewer is installed and setup, you don't need to take care of port forwarding at all, which makes it super easy for beginners to use.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!