Problems renaming Folders etc.

• Hi

I've got a problem renaming or deleting some folders (I get the message "ungültiges Gerät" probably "invalid device" in English).
    But usually there's no problem with most folders, what can I do to troubleshoot this?

Somehow one folder had root as owner, don't ask me why.
    I changed the other one with chown, I'm the owner now, but still I can't access the folder "you are not allowed to..." rights are the following: drwxrwsr-x

Kind regards
    ChacalCH

• I've got a problem renaming or deleting some folders (I get the message "ungültiges Gerät" probably "invalid device" in English).
    But usually there's no problem with most folders, what can I do to troubleshoot this?

Where do you get this error? Command Line? Via Samba?

Somehow one folder had root as owner, don't ask me why.

That's correct. All files are owned by root and the group users by default.

I changed the other one with chown, I'm the owner now, but still I can't access the folder "you are not allowed to..." rights are the following: drwxrwsr-x

Still, how do you access them?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I had the exact same problem right now. Never happened before. I use aufs on OMV 2.2.13. The folder is downloaded via Transmission, and if I check the permissions they are 777.
    If I create another folder inside this one I can edit it without any problem.

I just get Invalid device when trying to edit the folder name with Windows. Very weird.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!