OMV - Realtek r8169- disconnects

• Hi,

I have been running OMV for over a year now. But since a couple of days the system suddenly stops working. Only a HW reset will startup the system again. However if have noticed that the time between the reset and the halt of the system has come down to a couple of minutes. As a restult OMV ( 2.1.25) is currently unusable. I have checkted the logs but could not find anything suspecious.

Any help is very much appreciated (at the moment I dont even know where to start). I have attached a snap of the latest log. The system was not accessbile at 20:11 - at 20:13 it did restart the server again.

Thanks Nick

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe your network port is failing. Can you login locally during this outage?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Do you have SMART enabled? I had just evaluated OMV and decided to keep it and have been installing and configuring. Once I enabled SMART I started getting behavior as you describe. In the GUI and the console I can query the drives, etc. and all seems fine. But a short while later the GUI times out, the console shell goes unresponsive, and I can't shut down the system. I disabled SMART and everything seemed fine and stayed running. I enabled SMART again, queried the disks, and bam! GUI timed out again and the system is hung. I'm using WD Red 3TB drives. Someone in another thread mentioned possible odd behavior with WD REDs.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Login locally means with a keyboard and monitor to the host itself not ssh.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• How did you update the driver?

I think I also have some issues with my network. So I'm considering troubleshooting the network driver. Since I'm a Linux newbie, I'm not quite sure how to proceed. E.g. how do you determine which driver is currently installed? How do you update it?

I would appreciate if you would write a few words about how you did it. Thank you.

• How did you update the driver?

I think I also have some issues with my network. So I'm considering troubleshooting the network driver. Since I'm a Linux newbie, I'm not quite sure how to proceed. E.g. how do you determine which driver is currently installed? How do you update it?

I would appreciate if you would write a few words about how you did it. Thank you.

Although different NIC you mention, see if this will help and if it covers your nic.
    AM1 motherboards w/ Realtek RTL8111GR LAN, any luck?

AMD Athlon 5350
    APUASRock AM1H-ITX mobo
    PNY CS1311 SSD 120GB 6GB/s TLC (for boot only)
    8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 x1
    Thermaltake Core V1 case
    External Toshiba 90w PSU brick ac adapter
    OMV version: Release: 2.2.1

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!