Removing openmediavault-plexmediaserver Deleted PlexPy?

• Is there anything in the uninstall script of openmediavault-plexmediaserver that would have deleted /opt/plexpy? I removed the package because I have the Plex Pass debian package installed to stay up to date on the Plex Pass channel and immediately after removing, I noticed that my entire PlexPy directory was gone. Could the two have been related?

• If you used purge yes, opt/plexpy will go, for remove, should stay there.

I just used apt-get remove. Thanks for the info. That's unfortunate, I didn't know the plugin was tied into PlexPy, even though I installed PlexPy manually, or I would've backed up my plexpy.db file prior.

• Offizieller Beitrag

We will have to look at the plugin. It doesn't know if plexpy was installed manually or by the plugin itself. So, when it is uninstalled, it removes it. Maybe the plugin installed version will have to be installed in a different location?? @jhmiller

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I agree with the way miller added plexply and the removal of it when plex is removed. It is like an add on to plex. Could you explain why you want to keep plexply when you are removing plex???? Seems kind of bizarre to me.

The only small issue I have is the blank plexply fieldset looks kind of weird. To me it would look better if at least the install was visible and when that button is enabled the other items become available. I would have the install button deactivated, grayed out, until the enable button of plex is enabled.

• I try to use debian standard locations in the plugins. I think it is best to keep it that way.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• @tekkb yes, sorry I had it in the box after I thought I replied earlier before leaving for work.

As for the linkedfields, I just wanted to add plexpy to the plugin without changing too much of the code in case it was not wanted, it was not a plugin I started so I did not want to muck around to much with the code.

• It is not a big deal. I think it is OK that plexypy is removed with Plex. I don't understand why this guy does not want that.

I somehow ended up with both openmediavault-plexmediaserver and a Debian build of the Plex Pass preview version, along with PlexPy installed manually. So, I removed the OMV version and inadvertently deleted PlexPy along with it. So the behavior isn't necessarily broken, I just wasn't expecting everything, to include the database with all of my data, to be deleted.

• It is the same for most if not all plugins, removing it will make your system as if it were never installed, any settings etc will be deleted.

I am very sorry this has lead to you loosing data :(

Miller

• It is the same for most if not all plugins, removing it will make your system as if it were never installed, any settings etc will be deleted.

I am very sorry this has lead to you loosing data :(

Miller

No worries. I'm used to apt-get remove leaving config info behind vs apt-get purge removing config info. This may be a side effect of PlexPy storing everything in a single directory.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!