[Q] Plugin "openmediavault-nginx 2.4" - in which scenario is this needed?

• Hi,

I'm running OMV 2.x on a test instance and playing around with some features, plugins, etc.

Thankfully OMV 2.x is installing Nginx as webserver replacing Apache.

Question:
    What's the functionality or usage of pugin "openmediavault-nginx 2.4"?
    When do I need this plugin?

THX

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need the plugin whenever you want to serve pages that aren't OMV web interface and you don't want to manually configure files that may be overwritten.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What's the functionality or usage of pugin "openmediavault-nginx 2.4"?

Is to create more nginx instances, like your personal webpage or whatever you need to with nginx.

When do I need this plugin?

When you want to create a website. You cannot touch OMV nginx files mostly because you can end with abroken interface and changes are rewriten on demand, so is pointless

• Understood...

But I don't need to install this plugin for an additional Nginx instance required for Owncloud after installing the relevant owncloud-plugin, right?

If this is true, which Nginx instance is Owncloud using then?

• But I don't need to install this plugin for an additional Nginx instance required for Owncloud after installing the relevant owncloud-plugin, right?

No. If you run the owncloud plugin, you do not need to run the nginx plugin additionally.

If you want to serve web pages (besides anything you can find via a OMV plugin) then you can use the nginx plugin.

Please note: Owncloud will be NOT supported any further in OMV 3.0 (which is already beta). But you could consider the docker plugin and use a owncloud docker container instead.

• Yes, indeed I consider the docker plugin.
    Because I think that seperating the applications makes sense.

Therefore I will drop owncloud plugin and install an owncloud docker containter.
    Btw, is there any instruction or howto guide shared for this?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!