Plex Media Server

• Iam already trying with ip.

If i connect to http://192.168.178.11:32400/manage it redirects to http://192.168.178.11:32400/web/index.html, correct?
    http://192.168.178.11:32400/manage/index.html does not work either.

Greetings
    David

Edit: the missing upgrade was libxenstore3.0, so it seems to be irrelevant to plex..., already installed it, too.

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k ()

• f*ck off.... there it is.
    The reinstall did the trick, but don't ask me why this worked, as i've altered nothing on your tutorial...

Greetings
    David

edit: but it seems a bit slow in firefox, compared to ie.

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Danke, jetzt wollen wir doch mal gucken was das ding so kann :)

Greetings
    David

Edit:

Zitat

Congratulations!

See, that wasn't too bad, right? At this very moment, Plex is working tirelessly to build your library, and make it look beautiful. Like, there are at least a dozen mice on spinny wheels inside your computer, all peddling furiously.

• *TILT*

I just overlooked how well the scraping goes: I have just 7 TV Series, and only 3 of them are correct (correct means: i have them, whats not correct: the Episode count).
    I looked into the "Syntax" that plex expects:

Who the f*ck puts the Series Name AGAIN in the files?!

grml...

Atleast, the Movies seem to be scraping well....

Greetings
    David

• @tekkbebe, I am sorry if I am rude to you or anyone, I was bit hurt... :( , post in my blog is all about what I did to solve the problem and I try to give credit to whoever help me to solve it. Anyway keep up the good work!

• factro, don't be hurt. It is nice you try to help people and this is what the forum is all about. I was just trying to give proper credit to the work done by people on the plex forum, as they worked out the kinks in getting plex working on Debian. People feeling free to put their ideas and work here on the forum will always lead to better solutions for everyone.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

David, if you do not get many answers here you might try on the plex forums.

yep

Greetings
    David

• Dude, tekkbebe, thanks for this. Now the GF can watch movies on the TV when I'm not home or my comp (XBMC) is turned off; at least until we get the Ouya + XBMC

Modpic.gif

Dell Precision T3500
    Processor:
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.2ghz
    Memory:
    26GB RAM
    Kernel: Linux 5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64
    Version: 5.6.2-1 (Usul) Debian Buster [From Fresh Install of 5]

• @tekkbebe

Thanks for posting this how to. Worked like a charm. Now to see if my Son agrees.

He had almost 7k of files in his share for it. Took a couple of hours for Plex to get through it all.

• Question: Has anyone figures out how to upgrade to the plexpass version which you get by paying for the plexpass? I love OMV.....I've been using mostly XBMC.....but, Plex is very intriguing in that you can use mobile and it really appears to work very extremely well indexing media etc. It will also serve a PS3 as well as smart TV's. So, once again, can anyone tell me how I can get upgraded to the version I am entitled to use by having the plexpass membership?
    Thanks!

• No, the package you could download is for Ubuntu and it will not work in Debian. Moxz (Christian Svedin) is hosting the repo we are using and he is altering the Ubuntu package into a Debian package for us to use.

• I take it back. You can upgrade to a newer version if you have a plex pass. Go to this link:

http://forums.plexapp.com/inde…debian-repository/page-11

If you scroll down to Christian Svedin's (aka Moxz) 1st post look at his signature. There is this line:

Plex Media Server Preview Releases for Debian located here for plex pass members.

If you click on the "here" link it will take you to a page where you can download a newer version that is not released to the public yet.
    You have to be signed into to the forum and the forum will know if you have a plex pass. If you are not signed in it will not allow you to go to the page where the downloads are located. If you used the 64 bit OMV you want the AMD64 version and if you used the 32 bit you want the i386 version.

This is example for the 64 bit version and obviously the version numbers will change with future updates.

1)Download the appropriate file and upload it to this location in OMV:
    /var/cache/apt/archives

2)Delete the prior version with the rm (remove command):
    cd /var/cache/apt/archives
    rm plexmediaserver_0.9.7.28.33-f80a4a2_amd64.deb

3) Then upgrade the new package with this command:
    cd /var/cache/apt/archives
    dpkg -i plexmediaserver_0.9.8.1.46-a6c6228_amd64.deb

• Just installed PLEX with your manual and it just works so far and is indexing ...

As i wanted to sync seen status to trakt.tv - as my XBian Pi also does - i am sharing how to install the so called "UnSupportedAppstore" on your OMV:

Code
    cd /root/
    apt-get install unzip
    wget http://bit.ly/ihqmEu UnSupportedAppstore.bundle.zip
    unzip UnSupportedAppstore.bundle.zip
    rm UnSupportedAppstore.bundle.zip
    chown plex:nogroup UnSupportedAppstore.bundle
    chmod 755 UnSupportedAppstore.bundle –R

Attention on this line:

Code
    mv UnSupportedAppstore.bundle /media/<<UUID>>/plexmediaserver/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-ins/

Where <<UUID>> = Your UUID of your Drive
    Take care, your path might differ if you did not move your Plex homedir to your RAID. You may find it by typing "find / -name "Plex Media Server".

Code
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver restart
  • Minor install fixes for versions 9.7.28-33:

/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver stop

cd /usr/lib
    chown -R root:root plexmediaserver

cd /etc/default
    chown root:root plexmediaserver

cd /etc/init
    chown root:root plexmediaserver.conf

cd /etc/init.d
    chown root:root plexmediaserver

cd /usr/sbin
    chown root:root start_pms

cd /usr/share/applications
    chown root:root plexmediamanager.desktop

cd /usr/share/doc
    chown -R root:root plexmediaserver

cd /usr/share/pixmaps
    chown root:root plexmediamanager.png

/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start

**Plex Pass users get the latest version 9.8.2.82. Ownership issues are fixed**

• ok, i repeated steps from 1st post, fixed permissions from

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Minor install fixes for versions 9.7.28-33:

/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver stop

Now i'm trying to open web interface (omvplexip:32400/web, omvplexip:32400/manage, omvplexip:32400/web/index.html, omvplexip:32400/manage/index.html) but nothing happens. Page not loading.

Code
    root@microserver:~# /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver status
    Plex Media Server process running.

from omv web interface Diagnostics/Processes

Code
    1633 plex      20   0  3956  580  484 S    0  0.0   0:00.00 start_pms
     1635 plex      20   0  240m  12m 8716 S    0  0.6   0:00.18 Plex Media Serv
     1643 plex      20   0  304m  39m 5268 S    0  2.1   0:03.62 python

p.s.: sorry for my english

• How do you have the ownership on this location /var/lib/plexmediaserver ? Did you move the home directory? It should be chown -R plex:nogroup
    I would go back thru and check that all the locations have the correct ownership. Maybe you missed a -R. Check sub folders too.

Also you should have 4 running processes for the plex user:

Code
    3244	0.4 %	Jul30	/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex DLNA Server
    3062	0.2 %	Jul30	Plex Plug-in [com.plexapp.system] /media/2bbe0e3b-6558-4336-b2d0-c7a541166236/pl ...
    3013	0.0 %	Jul30	/bin/sh /usr/sbin/start_pms
    3015	0.0 %	Jul30	./Plex Media Server

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!