update not possible anymore

• Hello

I dont know why I get this error. Can anyone tell me what to do, because I cant update OMV anymore.
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1': E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/

thx

• root@ghostmedia:/media/9d489468-f1f8-4361-b933-5d17efe0e1a0/plexmediaserver# dpkg -l | grep ssh
    ii libssh2-1:amd64 1.4.2-1.1+deb7u1 amd64 SSH2 client-side library
    ii openssh-blacklist-extra 0.4.1+nmu1 all list of non-default blacklisted OpenSSH RSA and DSA keys
    ii openssh-client 1:6.0p1-4+deb7u2 amd64 secure shell (SSH) client, for secure access to remote machines
    ii openssh-server 1:6.0p1-4+deb7u2 amd64 secure shell (SSH) server, for secure access from remote machines
    ii sshfs 2.4-1 amd64 filesystem client based on SSH File Transfer Protocol

and:

I also tried apt-get autoclean and clean and then apt-get update but no luck.

• seams there is more locked:

Code
    root@ghostmedia:/var/lib/apt/lists# apt-get update
    E: cant get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Die Ressource is not available)
    E: the list /var/lib/apt/lists/ cant be locked.
    root@ghostmedia:/var/lib/apt/lists#

rebooting and trying again

• Offizieller Beitrag

Don't remove the lock. OMV checks for updates and pre-downloads the updates automatically. You can't have two apt processes running at the same time. Hence the lock. Rebooting or just waiting a while should solve the problem. Sometimes the lock is around for a while if there is a lot of large downloads needed.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: ps aux | grep apt

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I can install OMV without losing my data right? just as a last option. Its a raid5

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't need to reinstall (hopefully). As root, execute the following:

kill -9 5613 5614 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5631
    apt-get update

Is OMV installed on flash media?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have a static IP setup? If so, did you set a dns server?

• internaly on my DHCP server, yes it has a static IP and yes I also put in the DNS server. In the past I never had such problems with resolving and so on.
    OMV is in my DMZ, which runs on opnsense. im no pro in network setups and so on but I thought until today I did it right :/ looks like I did not :D ill check on opensense if there is something wrong or changed.

• Don't remove the lock. OMV checks for updates and pre-downloads the updates automatically. You can't have two apt processes running at the same time. Hence the lock. Rebooting or just waiting a while should solve the problem. Sometimes the lock is around for a while if there is a lot of large downloads needed.

Concerning the locks. I did see your message far to late. allready deleted .../lock :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

That's ok. I just wanted to say deleting the lock in general is a bad idea.

• out of my eyes the setup is still okey (DHCP and dns forwarder). I started the update on the omv gui now, to see if it works there. its running now since about 20mins without any change :/ think im going to reinstall omv.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wouldn't use the web interface until it is fixed. Did you try apt-get update after killing the processes?

• thats strange. why cant my omv server resolve the names? I have not change anything concerning hostname or network.

I actually did but a bit cryptic. Right now there is only one process running but I still have the resolving issue, when trying to make apt-get update.
    But I checked all settings and they should be right I think.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf and try apt-get update again. Yes, this will change your resolv.conf but a reboot will reset it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!