OMV Wakes up from Hibernation

• Hi, I tried to configure my OMV for Wake on Lan, therefore I installed autoshutdown for going to hibernate after a few minutes without activity.
    The wakeup works, but the OMV wakes up too often, even if no Magic Packet is send (I think). How can I check what forces the OMV to wake up?

As an attachment there is my syslog for the shutdown/wakeup processes. But I can't see what wakes the server up.

• I tcpdumped with a vm, but the ip adresses had some strange ip adresses, i think because of the vm. I will try it with knoppix from usb the next days.

I have Kodi in around the house, but it starts without doing something in kodi.
    I use the Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4. So the used network card is a Realtek RTL8111B.

I saw that there is a newer verision of omv. Do you think using this version will fix the problem?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you think using this version will fix the problem?

No

realtek cards behave that way when wol is enabled, you shutdown and then restarts. i have the same chipset and i have suspend twice in 10 minutes for the server to go to sleep.

Kodi has a feature to send wol packets when is starting or requesting a server. You can try to turn that off to see how the server behaves, i had this problem with a firetv stick with kodi, when i went to sleep i left the movie paused, then the server started around midnight.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!