Pictures of my NAS (with Nanoxia HDD-Cages)

• MSI Z97 PC Mate
    • Anniversay-Pentium G3258
    • 4 GB RAM
    • 40 GB Intel SSD
    • 3x 3TB HHD Data
    • 2x 3TB RAID-1 Timecapsule
    • 1x 3TB Backupdrive USB 3.0

My kids installed and connected the network cable from the patchfield to the storage room, where the NAS resides.

Problems:
    Plex is broken (doesn't find media anymore) an power consumption is ca. 60W at idle.

Switch

Network installed by the kids

Proofed

NAS next to the power distribution. Stands on a old Ikea Microwave Oven Mount

NAS, silent 12cm Fan in the front

• Up-/Downgrade:

My undervolted and underclocked (900MHz) Anniversary Pentium has to move to the livingroom as a HTPC and gaming machine (GF 750ti).

So I used an old Asus P5K with an even older E4300. Also undevolted and underclocked (1.2 GHz, RAM 400 MHz).
    Vintage S3-PCI-VGA, 4 gigs of DDR2 RAM and a USB-3.0 PCI-E-Card.

Yes! Yes, one of the internal harddrives is connect via e-SATA. =O
    On the top of the case I put a USB-3.0 Drive. I have to copy all the data to a internal drive (I have to buy), because the external case use a 4K-translation. :/

I buyed three of these Nanoxia HDD-Cages:
    http://www.pc-cooling.de/HDD-A…E4fig+-+3er+-+wei%DF.html
    9,-/27,- EUR
    Now my HDDs are very quick removable. Also I can put the whole cage toolless out of the case.

The installation was pretty easy. Just screwed two pieces of wood to the case, screwed the two connectors from the top of one of the HDD-cases on them and stick the cages on.
    All is made of metall. There are rubber-holder for the 3.5" and holes for the smaler SSDs.
    I'm pretty happy. :D

• Atari 800xl was the first machine I used when I was a little kid. Then we had a 130xe. Later I had a 1040ST and that was around the time we got our first IBM compatible, an Emerson i386sx. I had read about the Sinclairs, I think when I was reading something on Gates. I looked them up today. Saw one model was 3.25 MHZ cpu. LOL!!!

• Hey! 800XL and 130XE had a 1,79 MHz 6502 CPU both! ;)

My first "Computer" was a Philips G7000 (Magnavox Odyssey) with an Assembler-Catridge. :thumbup:

Followed by this piece of IT history:

Before you ask:

What dou you think about this one?

Great, isn't it?

Also fine machines:

Last but not least: Atari 400! I love it!

In these days, Atari makes masterpices. :D

Interesting detail: The Atari ST was developed by some guys ot the C64-Team and the Commodore Amiga 1000 was developed by some guys of the Atari 400/800-Team. 8o

• Ataris were the best back then. I remember this game I had "Track and Field". My friends kept destroying all my controllers with this game.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Do you know the famous 1500XL Laptop? :D
    It's fully operable without any wires! Runs on batteries! :thumbup:

Forget all the ugly Commodore 64 Laptops from the guy from the Netherlands: no batteries, ugly wires to the Display, ugly design...
    This one is absolutly flawless!
    The case is completly made of original XL-Parts! =O

Video:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Pictures:
    http://www.strotmann.de/~beetle/images/atari/1500XL/

• I had not see that.
    First machine I had as a little kid. The spacebar broke on this machine so we got the 130xe.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…edia/File:Atari-800XL.jpg

2nd machine I used.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…edia/File:Atari-130XE.jpg

My last Atari.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…ia/File:Atari_1040STf.jpg

Then on to IBM compatibles.... My generation was pre internet but I think we were the first generation that could grow up with home computers.

• Yes, we are! :thumbup:

I had an accoustic coupler with my C64. 300 Baud! Mailboxes! You have to be very quiet to prevent errors while you are online. =O

I used DOS a very long Time on my fist PC, an Am386 DX 40. My first Windows was 3.1. I hated mice and GUIs. I hated GEOS. X(
    Since then, I used several OSs. OS/2, SuSE-Linux, BeOS, MacOS, Ubuntu, Elementary, Debian and, of course, all the silly Windowses.

I never used AmigaOS or TOS for the daily work. :(
    But I would like to try RISC OS. Sometime I will get an Acorn-Machine. ^^ Maybe.

Also I am looking for an Enterprise (aka Mephisto) 64 or 128. A Laser 128 ist also pretty cool.

• Haha, I remember downloading pictures from NASA and how long it took on those old modems.... Surprised I am not still downloading.

My first IBM compatible did not have MS-DOS. Later I put a version of MS-DOS on it. I can't remember what it had but I know it had some sort of menuing system to start programs. You navigated via the arrow keys. Then MS-DOS and Windows were separate programs, for people to young to remember. So you had to buy Windows too. Finally with Windows a GUI. The first version I had was before 3.1 but I can't remember which one.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!