How to fix 'python-libtorrent' kept back package?

• Ever since I installed Deluge BitTorrent client that I've had this python-libtorrent package as "kept back". I'd like to fix this system state but I have no idea how...

A few things I've tried:

Code
    $ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    The following packages have been kept back:
      python-libtorrent
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

Code
    ~$ sudo apt-get install python-libtorrent/wheezy-backports
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    python-libtorrent is already the newest version.
    Selected version '0.16.18-1~bpo70+1' (Debian Backports:/wheezy-backports [amd64]) for 'python-libtorrent'
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

I have the following APT repositories on my sources which I believe are causing my problem:

Code
    deb http://dh2k.omv-extras.org/debian/ stoneburner-miller main
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/deluge-team/ppa/ubuntu precise main

They were added through OpenMediaVault's interface when I enabled some checkboxes to be able to install Deluge.

Any idea how can I fix this situation?

• What do you get from running this:

apt-cache policy python-libtorrent

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• What do you get from running this:

apt-cache policy python-libtorrent

• You can't fix it. The package is being held back on purpose by the plugin. Unless you want to remove the plugin, you have to leave it like that.

why is the plugin holding it back? There is some problem with this update? If I uninstall the plugin, will deluge still works right (I have the latest version)?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• I don't have the openmediavault-deluge plugin installed and on OMV 2.x I don't see it as an available to install plugin.

I installed several deluge packages after enabling this repo:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/deluge-team/ppa/ubuntu precise main

But python-libtorrent is still held back on my system.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You are getting the held back message because you have added that repo that has newer versions of libtorrent-rasterbar8 and python-libtorrent but these need a newer version of libboost that that repo does not contain.
    You would need to manually compile libboost and install it so that the other newer libs can also be installed.
    Or just remove that repo and it will stop trying to update.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!