Docker GUI plugin now stable

• I really need help from you all on this. I updated my "production" server and docker stopped working. It could be because I had my images/containers on a ZFS partition, I'm not sure... After moving the images/containers back to the default location things are working again. I'll try to do some more tests tonight on my dev system to try and figure out what the issue might be.

• @nicjo814, sure! Please feel free to contribute if you'd like. I added some fun stuff last night that makes it easy to configure nginx to listen on a different port on container start and add customized stuff to the startup sequence. My plan is to create a simple test harness for my FreeIPA plugin that'll basically do:

Code
    rm -Rf test/data/*
    fakeroot debian/rules clean binary
    mv ../openmediavault-freeipa_*.deb test/data
    cp test/startup.sh test/data
    cp test/container.ini test/data
    docker run -ti -h $(hostname -f) -v /path/to/project/test/data:/data:Z -p 8080:8080 ikogan/openmediavault:extras

startup.sh would just dpkg -i /data/openmediavault-freeipa_*.deb and do whatever else I need to get the system ready to test.

This should make it really easy to test changes to plugin code.

• Guys,

I finally managed to get Pydio working on Docker.
    However, every time I made some changes on the container such as auto-start on boot up or privileges, I have to re-install Pydio, and re-setup everything.
    It's too much time. Is there another way?
    BTW, where is the container installation file located?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Thanks for the info.

For those who interest in Pydio install on Docker:
    I spent a half day on Pydio, and it isn't that great compare to OwnCloud.
    The web client sometimes work, sometimes not, the iOS app is fine though, and it's free on Apple store.
    The GUI is better than OC, but the navigation and plugins interface is not great as OC.

I'm try to install Seafile, but no success yet.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Know what would instantly give you 100's of pre-configured apps for this? If you supported unraids docker repositories :evil:.

Example: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37958.0
    Basically a "repository" is just a bunch of xml files. Each XML file has the config (volumes, ports, env vars, etc...) for a docker container.

If OMV supported unraid repo's, it would be very easy for newbies to get started :). See the "Adding Template repositories" section here: http://lime-technology.com/docker-guide/ Many of the repo's on are github (ie opensource) so I wouldn't think this would violate any type of licensing if you use their opensource configs.

At the moment I'm not sure there is that much to gain by using the unRaid repos. I looked at the XML files and it's basically just a new (partial) representation of whats already available in the docker image itself. The OMV plugin parses the docker image info and uses this to populate the "run" dialog window with some parameters (Environment variables, network ports etc) so the XML file is just overhead (if understand it's use correctly).
    The other possible advantage is making it easy to locate compatible docker images from within the web GUI. For this purpose the OMV plugin has a "repo" tab where my intention was that we in the OMV community could list docker images that we like and use to help others find them. All unRaid images can be found by using the "search box" in the OMV plugin by the way, however some of them use unRaid specific stuff (which I've un-unRaided in some of my own images that I've based on existing unRaid images :) ).

If you see some other advantage of listing the unRaid containers inside the OMV plugin please let me know and I'll make sure to re-evaluate.
    By the way, the "repo" tab in the OMV plugin is a bit short so please help me fill it with useful images.

• Have a look at the openmediavault-developer plugin that @ryecoaaron has developed. It's really great when you want to test stuff in a dev environment. I'd add that to the dev docker image if I were you :)

• It's in the openmediavault plugin dev group on Bintray here:

Code
    https://bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/stoneburner-beta/openmediavault-developer/view

Here is the repo url:

Code
    deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/stoneburner-beta wheezy main
  • I've been playing around with docker network related stuff that I thought I should share here if someone else has a similar need sometime :)

I wanted to be able to reach a docker container on an IP in the same network as my docker host, to get rid of NAT issues and so on. To accomplish this you can set-up a "macvlan bridge" on the host and bind it to an IP in the docker container. For this purpose I've created a small bash script that will print all required commands based on user supplied parameters. This script is only valid for ONE container since I only needed it for a FreePBX (IP telepony SIP server) image at home. This script relies on the nsenter command that can be installed via docker (https://github.com/jpetazzo/nsenter). The script is available here: https://github.com/nicjo814/do…eepbx/tree/master/scripts for anyone interested in testing it (please don't use it in production since it's really not "stable"). Please also note that it won't support proper configuration on reboot, but I'd really like some ideas on this to ensure that some containers could get proper IP on restart.

• Why not just expose the Docker port on your machines main IP?

Are you referring to standard "bridge" functionality? This would create a NAT rule to the interface in the docker container via iptables if I understand things correctly.

One of the things I did was add an IP alias to my main interface, then tell docker to expose my container's ports on that IP.

Now this sounds much more like what I want. I have to test this approach...

• Why not just expose the Docker port on your machines main IP? One of the things I did was add an IP alias to my main interface, then tell docker to expose my container's ports on that IP.

How do you create an IP alias in OMV?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Code
    ifconfig eth0:# inet ${IP Address} netmask ${Network Mast} bcast ${Broadcast Address}
    ifconfig eth0:# up

If you want it to be persistent:

Code
    auto eth0:0
    iface eth0:0 inet static
        address 10.1.42.2
        netmask 255.255.255.0

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!