Docker GUI plugin now stable

• My openmediavault-docker-gui has been pretty much broken since the last update. I've tried everything, from reinstalling, uninstalling, purging, autoremoving, deleting dpkg and apt cache files, downgrading to previous versions, cycling the docker repo switch in omv-extras... Whatever I do, when I try to install the package, I get the following error:

After that, the plugin is available in OMV, but I can't enable it. Any ideas ?

• Yeah, the docker engine was fine, just the gui didn't install.

I went through some apt-get routines a couple of last times again, and finally managed to get it running again it, but it was weird.

• The problem crept back. I uninstalled openmediavault-docker-gui and docker-engine. I manually removed files leftover in /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-docker-gui*. Did apt-get update, clean, upgrade and a dpkg --configure -a for good measure. No more errors.

Now, with a system as clean as I can get it, when I try to reinstall openmedia-docker-gui, I'm still getting errors.

After this, docker-engine is running (docker ps works), my containers are in a restarting loop (looks like maybe a permissions problem), the plugin seems to be running, but I get errors when I do a apt-get upgrade complaining about the post-installation script and ending with E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

• I have some ideas to give and issues to report... I know that OMV 3 is priority... but please take a look at current docker-gui in OMV 2.2.5:

### GENERAL ###

- [FEATURE] In Config tab, let us choose if "Run Image" screen comes with "Restart on system reboot", "Run container in privileged mode" and "Sync time with host" toggle each one ON or OFF by default. It's annyoing always having to robot-click some of those every time.

### IMAGES ###

- [FEATURE] Create a button near Images called "Check for Update", so we can query if a newer image is available. If so... give an option to Pull it. no typing...

- [FEATURE] Allow removing of those repo's and insertion of others. Makes that tab a lot more useful...

- [FEATURE] Integrate more cool stuff! What about DockViz?? https://github.com/justone/dockviz

### NETWORKING ###

- [FEATURE] When running an image and Bridge is chosen, allow us to K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid) on ports. How? Pre-fill defaults exactly with port(s) seen in Dockerfile, and IP(s) pre-filled with host IP. If something is not as we please, we remove them and insert manually. 90% of the time we only copy the port number, without changing it.

- [FEATURE] When in Bridge. Pre-fill a suggested Host name with the word at right of "/" in image name (upper-case, ok?)

- [BUG] When chosen network type is "Host", you still ask for Host name, but it doesn't matter because it ends being replace by actual name from Docker Host. So... why ask i? Make it go away like the ports fields.

### CONTAINERS ###

- [FEATURE] When copying containers, please don't freeze "Docker image" field. Because when an image gets updated... that will be the field to save us from re-doing all configs at new image. Or maybe we want to create a beta environment of another stable one.... or go crazy and change Linux distro at next container. No limits here!

- [BUG] When copying containers, copied custom environment vars gets messed. I've already seen GIDs var switches with PIDs var and things like that... sometimes custom aren't brought at all to copied form.

### VOLUMES ###

- [FEATURE] Make it so that, when a "Host Path" is filled but nothing is filled at "Container Path", then just assume its equal to "Host Path". Would save a lot of time for some.

- [FEATURE] Today you make predicted Volumes (Ex: /config for some) available in a listbox. Well, about that...
    ---- Pre-create X editable lines, one for each predicted Container Path in Dockerfile, with that field pre-filled
    ---- We only can access predicted options by typing "/". Please create something like made in Exposed Ports list.
    ------- After the above done, don't make available already used options (no use in having 2 of any Container Path)

• The problem crept back. I uninstalled openmediavault-docker-gui and docker-engine. I manually removed files leftover in /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-docker-gui*. Did apt-get update, clean, upgrade and a dpkg --configure -a for good measure. No more errors.

Now, with a system as clean as I can get it, when I try to reinstall openmedia-docker-gui, I'm still getting errors.

After this, docker-engine is running (docker ps works), my containers are in a restarting loop (looks like maybe a permissions problem), the plugin seems to be running, but I get errors when I do a apt-get upgrade complaining about the post-installation script and ending with E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I have seen this tutorial made to resolve that error you mentioned.
    https://www.vivaolinux.com.br/…an-error-code-1-Resolvido

Does that help? Need it translated?

• I did try pretty much all the apt-get clean, install -f, update, upgrade, purge, autoremove, etc... as well as cleaning /var/dkpg/info and running dpkg --configure -a. None of that got rid of the problem.

This all appeared with the lastest version of openmediavault-docker-gui. I'm pretty certain it's a regression in one of the dpkg scripts.

• I Ported Docker GUI to OMV 3.0.26 (I'm not original author of plugin)
    I tested but didn't test very much
    So there is chance bugs exists

install openmediavault-docker-gui(3.1.0) in docker-testing repo (enable docker repo also)

Special Thanks
    @subzero79 help testing and fixing some bugs (version info, folder browser)

OMV3 on Proxmox
    Intel E3-1245 v5 | 32GB ECC RAM | 4x3TB RAID10 HDD
    omv-zfs | omv-nginx | omv-letsencrypt | omv-openvpn
    Click link for more details

18 Mal editiert, zuletzt von luxflow ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

@luxflow Thanks again for stepping up and helping :)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• many Thanks @luxflow ! :thumbup:

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Offizieller Beitrag

docker-gui 3.0.9 package is in OMV 3.x docker testing repo now.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!