Emby spielt keine Videos ab, zeigt keine Bilder an

• So the music plays but the movies do not???

I know how to fix your pictures. I thought you were trying to download from the internet.

I am not sure what is going on with the movies not playing yet.

I give you a fix for your pictures in a minute or so.

• To fix scanning of pictures...... after this the emby
    In command line do this:
    usermod -a -G users emby

Then in Emby UI:
    Click on Home / Manage Server / Metadata
    Then on the right put checkmark in "Save artwork and metadata into media folders".

If you do not want images from the internet take the check mark off "Download artwork and metadata from the internet".

Then click on save.

• I had the same problem before i opend the thread (long time ago) and i excecute the same command and nothing happend....

I tried it right now, and emby still dont loading the images...

The result of your second post:

Code
    root@Datengrab:/# ls -la /media/9d32422c-4ded-4b92-a3f3-0800ac2c2cad/Media/Filme/"21 (2008)"
    insgesamt 2219436
    drwxrwxrwx 3 Arthur users       4096 Nov 16  2014 .
    drwxr-sr-x 7 Arthur users       4096 Sep 25 20:33 ..
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 Arthur users     433719 Nov 16  2014 21-fanart.jpg
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 Arthur users     161070 Nov 15  2014 21.jpg
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 Arthur users 2271909357 Jan 13  2014 21.mkv
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 Arthur users       9161 Sep 25 17:58 21.nfo
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 Arthur users     161070 Nov 16  2014 21-poster.jpg
    drwxrwxrwx 2 Arthur users       4096 Nov 16  2014 .actors
  • Okay i renamed and it looked really good
    Chrome started the "playback" but it didnt show anything.
    And something added a new .nfo file

But my cpu was since the last picture at 100% so i restarted the server, because i through it is overstrained...

So now i removed all files and i just added the film 2 guns
    So i renamed it that foldername = film name
    And it look like it works!! :D Cant be true, that the error just caused because of the dataname :S

over 720p 1 Mbps its struggling, but i think its my slow cpu (pentium 4 3ghz)

so but the metadata still dont work (downloading over the emby webpage)

• Allright, you helped me until now a lot!! Thank you for that!!

I just took some screenshots of what is not working...

Picture 1: My Folder before i scan with emby

Picture 2: My Folder after i scan with emby

Picture 3: How it looks when i open the file in emby

Picture 4: How the metadata manager looks like when i click at the graphic in picture 3

Picture 5: I try to download the metadata, emby finds the right movie....

Picture 6: .... and the right cover

Picture 7: after i press "save", just nothing is displayed

Picture 8: But my folder right now changed.... but the cover isnt the same like in picture 6

Picture 9: So back again and look what emby now is displaying..... nothing

Picture 10: In the movie section the cover changed... to nothing

Picture 11: Compare to picture 3...

I dont get it where the fault is there...

Edit:

But i found something maybe interesting:
    The parent folder got the name "Movies" and not "Filme". But look at the music folder. It has the name "Musik", the name that i have given

And even the path is totaly wrong in my opinion

Code
    root@Datengrab:/# id emby
    uid=111(emby) gid=65534(nogroup) Gruppen=65534(nogroup),100(users)

Hope we can get this work too :)

• I think so too. But again thank you a lot for your help!!!! This community is super.
    And the your tip with the share of the root of a disk was usefull too, i dont found that advise anywhere.

So for now i will try a little bit. I have the same computer with the same mainboard but a less powerfull cpu (intel celeron d 2,5 Ghz). I installed Debian 7.9, created a shared folder and installed emby.... and it works. But transcoding works just with 480p@ 420kbps (lol).

So my next step will be to backup my actually server and try a clean debian, and test emby again :)
    I will share my experience.

Btw: After i installed Debian to my second pc, i already missed omv :(

Last sentence: stop doing to many things at once :)

Edit: 5.37 am, finally it works, with OMV :), tomorrow i will write a bit
    now its time to go to bed :sleeping:

So in tried a lot, but i had no time to answer.
    The solution is simple, i didnt use the OMV- Plugin, i just installed it directly via ppa.
    And this: http://emby.media/community/in…-files-folders-structure/ is a good guide for folder structure.

• Hello,

I have the same problem with my server.

Hardware: HP Gen8 G1610T with 16 GB EEC Ram, 120 GB SSD with OMV, 4 x 4 TB Seagate NAS HDD with ZFS RaidZ-1 Filesystem
    OMV 2.1.18, emby installed over OMV-Extras.com Version 3.0.5781.0

I try to provide some informations.

The problem is, that i cant playback. neither in the Web Gui nor from a kodi client. It also shows no pictures after scanning.
    I have two user in Emby.
    emby and Gu
    emby is not showing up in the users area in OMV

Do you have any idea what I can do?
    Thank you.

• @Funky-Fab-4Strings
    You are not having the same issue as the guy above with the old cpu. If you are using AUFS there are some issues with AUFS. People using this have been experiencing problems. The Emby user will not show up in the Users sections becuase it is a sytem user and this is normal.

I see you are using ZFS.. I know some users are using this with no problems.
    It may be issue with your media share. How did you create it??? Did you follow the Guide for ceating a media share in the Guides section??

How to make a good Media share for Emby and PlexMediaServer

• Hello tekkb,

but I do have the same Problem as the former topic.

My share is
    /MyStuff/Media/Videos/Movies
    MyStuff is the ZFS Data storage.

I saw your guide. I think i havn't done anything wrong here.

AUFS: I never used this extra so I dont knwo if I use this.

I just set up this Nas server from 0.
    Installed OMV
    Installed ZFS plugin, made the zfs filesystem out of the 4 HDD
    Made my shared folders and made SMB and NFS.
    Installed emby.
    copied some movies to my media folder
    start the emby scan.

He can find all the Movie information, and also finds the covers and stuff but wont safe it to the media folder.

Edit: I just double checked your Guide. I made everything correct as far as I see.

• If you want mete data saved to the media folders you need to do step 4 in the notes on the settings panel of the plugin. There is a isermod command. Also, there is a uberprufung you need to do in the emby UI under manage server and then Metadata.

If videos are not playing that is permissions issue or problem with ffmpeg. I can't help on that now, in bed.

• Stat command on the file I get an syntax error because of the (2014) - is that the reason?

• Did you enable the plugin and select a volume to move the working directory too??? The emby working folder has not been moved??? ffmpeg is not where it should be either. And the library files you need have probably not been downloaded.

A bad file or unsupported format will likely stop the scan of media. It does with most media servers. I would assume a bad name would cause a problem too.

I just saw in one spoiler you do have the plugin installed. I know this plugin works with ZFS.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!