SickBeard 1.0.10 upgrade breaks OMV 1.19 and SickRage

• A couple of things I found:

• The Session Timeout of 0 is set back to 5.
    • /home/sickbeard/.sickbeard is no longer the home directory, it gets set to /var/opt/sickbeard, breaking the entire content-structure of SickRage.
    • For some reason apache2 gets started, breaking SickRage and giving an APACHE2 Default page when opening SickRage.
    • Restore of SickRage does not work, as the restore does not place the files in the now new home of /var/opt/sickbeard.

This leaves me with a lot of questions regarding WHAT ELSE was broken/changed that the user does not realize?

Fixing the upgrade abortion:

• Initial apache2 problem:
      Code
      update-rc.d -f apache2 remove; service nginx restart

This will give you the clean-slate SickRage page.

• SickRage restore: To get this working, shut down sickbeard with
      Code
      service sickbeard stop

then

Code
      cd /home/sickbeard/.sickbeard/backup

then

Code
      mkdir temp; cd temp; unzip ../<your latest backup>

then

Code
      mv -R * /var/opt/sickbeard

and finally

Code
      service sickbeard start

What I would like to know:
    How are we going to fix this as it creates a HUGE problem for novice users?

kind regards
    cyber7
    ps - Slating me because I criticize the poor upgrade documentation and roll-out will only prove the point that this was never tested on a stable environment...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Apache is a problem coming from 0.5, users still have them but disabled, a package upgrade of Apache does this wonderful thing....enable Apache... You can guess what happens next. Any user coming from 0.5 should be intermediate now, knowing this and removing the package, unless of course he felt the need of installing apache

plear edit your,post sickbeard runs on his own web server, not Apache not ngnix.

• Apache is a problem coming from 0.5, users still have them but disabled, a package upgrade of Apache does this wonderful thing....enable Apache... You can guess what happens next. Any user coming from 0.5 should be intermediate now, knowing this and removing the package, unless of course he felt the need of installing apache

plear edit your,post sickbeard runs on his own web server, not Apache not ngnix.

Just a bit of clarification:

• I did not come from 0.5, but am on 1.19.
    • Apache started up by itself. My steps written was to get this system back up and running (After HOURS of sorting though mails and git-messages)
    • The change in timing also happened by itself...

So, in a nutshell, no. I have just tested this on a VM with a snapshot of a week ago, and the same thing happened, so the steps are valid...

kind regards
    cyber7

kind regards cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers)

• Hi subzero
    The only plugins I have installed are:

• Bittorrent
    • Couchpotato
    • Mysql
    • SABnzbd
    • Sickbeard

other than that, I have enabled:

• ssh
    • SMB/CIFS

And that is it. I do not know where apache got installed, unless it was part of MYSQL...

• I notice that you have couchpotato installed, that too had the files moved from home to /var/opt - no issues with that?

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Just checked and the files are still in /home/...

The only files (dirs) in /var/opt is sickbeard and sickbeard2

NOTE: My plugin (xtras) version number is 1.34 - Does this make a difference?

kind regards
    cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers)

• You are running the last stable version of CP, the "download managers testing" repo has the latest version. If you enable that and update or when the next CP stable version is pushed your data files will be moved.

You might be better off installing the latest testing version now to avoid any issues in the future. If you do happen to have an issue with CP as well it would help to make the change better for other users if you could not make any fixes yourself and let me know so that we together (maybe via team viewer) can get the update working.

• My files have been moved to /var/opt/sickbeard but the sickbeard service will not start.

The last messages I see in the sickrage.log file:

2015-09-22 21:29:38 DEBUG MAIN :: Checking if we can use git commands: "/usr/bin/git" version
    2015-09-22 21:29:38 DEBUG MAIN :: Executing "/usr/bin/git" version with your shell in /opt/sickbeard
    2015-09-22 21:29:38 DEBUG MAIN :: "/usr/bin/git" version : returned successful
    2015-09-22 21:29:38 DEBUG MAIN :: Using: "/usr/bin/git"
    2015-09-22 21:29:38 DEBUG MAIN :: Executing "/usr/bin/git" symbolic-ref -q HEAD with your shell in /opt/sickbeard
    2015-09-22 21:29:38 DEBUG MAIN :: "/usr/bin/git" symbolic-ref -q HEAD : returned successful
    2015-09-22 21:29:38 DEBUG MAIN :: Retrieving the last check time from the DB
    2015-09-22 21:29:38 INFO MAIN :: Writing PID: 4234 to /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid

And then the service is dead. Not sure where to go from here so any help would be appreciated.

• Code
    start-stop-daemon -d /opt/sickbeard -c sickbeard  --group=users --start --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid --exec /usr/bin/python --  SickBeard.py --nolaunch --pidfile=/var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid --datadir=/var/opt/sickbeard  --config=/var/opt/sickbeard/config.ini

Run the above, it will start SR in the shell and hopefully give a reason why it fails to load. CTR-C to kill it if it does not fail (or shutdown via SR webui)

• Thanks for the direction!

I then searched and found this sickrage issue: https://github.com/SiCKRAGETV/sickrage-issues/issues/2916

The solution from the issue is to:

It's all working now.

• You really should have done a git pull as now you might have problems with it updating. When you change files manually the updater will normally moan about local files not matching the remote files and ask you to "stash" them. Remember this for future reference if you do have trouble updating SR.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!