WebGUI no longer working

• First off, let me just say that I love my OMV server. Thank you to all the devs that have worked so hard on this and made it such a fantastic distribution! :thumbup:

Hi all, I would appreciate any help you can give with this problem I have.

I had to poweroff my OMV server by holding down the power button because it wasn't responding after some transfers failed when copying some files from a laptop onto the server..

Now my problem is that I cannot access the server through the web portal. When I navigate to the subnet address where the OMV is, this shows page up in my browser:

Code
    It works!
    This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

It had not been doing that before the forced restart.

On the other hand, everything boots up fine. Doesn't seem to be any errors during the boot. All 4 drives in the RAID 10 configuration appear to be seen on boot, and the hard drive with the OS appears to be fine too since I can log in from the command line, navigate directories, run commands, etc.

I've tried running the "Configure WebGUI" option after running

Code
    sudo omv-firstaid

, but nothing changed. I've run the RRD files check, it says that all RRD database files are valid. I have confirmed with

Code
    ifconfig

that the ip address has not changed.

So, does anyone know how can I get the WebGUI back?

If that's not possible, how can I access the data on the RAID array from the command line or some other way?

Thanks very much in advance!

• I had a similar issue with my PC. It was working properly for 5 days continuously. All services (Plex, Jdownloader, samba, printer server) where working as expected. But when I tried to log in into the Web GUI I got an error telling me that the web page can't be reached.

service apache2 stop
    update-rc.d -f apache2 remove
    service nginx restart

I found other forums with that solution. However, for some reason, I can't start/stop any service. I tried the following commands:

Code
    service apache2 stop
    servce nginx start

But I got an error saying ./executable: cannot execute binary file (Where executable is the name of the service I want to start/stop)

Any ideas?

Custom mini-ITX build
    Coolcube Mini, Intel Desktop Board DQ77KB, Intel Core i7-3770S, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, 64 GB Trascend mSata SSD (OS), X3 1TB HDD pooled + parity

Dell Optiplex 960 sff (deprecated) - link

Dell Optiplex FX160 (repurposed) - link

"If you can't find it in Google, it simply doesn't exist!" - The Internetz

• For what it's worth, I had to run the commands as sudo -- maybe try that if you haven't already, Eryan.

@dazz thanks for the suggestion, but I run the commands from the root account. As far as I know, in that case using sudo is not required. However, I can give it a shot when I get home.

Custom mini-ITX build
    Coolcube Mini, Intel Desktop Board DQ77KB, Intel Core i7-3770S, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, 64 GB Trascend mSata SSD (OS), X3 1TB HDD pooled + parity

Dell Optiplex 960 sff (deprecated) - link

Dell Optiplex FX160 (repurposed) - link

"If you can't find it in Google, it simply doesn't exist!" - The Internetz

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't need sudo if you are logged in as root.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!