ISCSITarget 2.0

• ISCSI Target 2.0 does not install properly on openmediavault v2.1.11(Stone Burner). I have had to manually ssh and type the following to get it working sort of:

apt-get purge iscsitarget
    apt-get autoremove
    apt-get clean
    apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essential
    apt-get install openmediavault-iscsitarget

The only problem is that enabling the pluggin sometimes freezes the system and I have to manually power off and then on the system again to get it to function. I have been able to sometimes get ISCSI to work with LUNS through ESXi6.0 and sometimes ESXi shows no LUNS. I have checked my network settings and all communication is there without any issues.

Is there an incompatibility issue with this pluggin and version 2.1.11 (Stone Burner)?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The question is there is an incompatibility with iscsitarget and Debian wheezy. Volker doesn't code drivers or kernel modules here.

all I know is the default iscsitarget from wheezy doesn't work with backport kernel. Omv-extras provides a package of iscsitarget that is built from the source of jessie.

so as for the current version we haven't go further than what Jessie has which is 1.4 502svn. I dont know where are you getting 2.0 from

• The question is there is an incompatibility with iscsitarget and Debian wheezy. Volker doesn't code drivers or kernel modules here.

all I know is the default iscsitarget from wheezy doesn't work with backport kernel. Omv-extras provides a package of…

On OMV it shows in the plugins openmediavault-iscsitarget 2.0. This is what I am using to install the plugging. Is there anyway to make this work. I had was running the old version of OMV 1.0 and it was working great until I upgraded to 2.1.11.

• Thanks for the reply.

After I install the plugin this is the error message I get:

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'iscsitarget' start 2>&1': Starting iSCSI enterprise target service:FATAL: Module iscsi_trgt not found. failed! invoke-rc.d: initscript iscsitarget, action "start" failed.

I have read some posts and there was a fix that I used:

apt-get purge iscsitarget
    apt-get autoremove
    apt-get clean
    apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essential
    apt-get install openmediavault-iscsitarget

After I do that, I enable the plug in and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. When it works I create the target and reference the LUNS. When I do this and then click apply the system just hangs. Sometimes the apply setting works and all seems fine but when I add the target to ISCSI on ESXi6.0 it sometimes sees the LUNS and sometimes doesn't.

I think I am just going to create an NFS instead of using ISCSI since it is still buggy.

I am using kernel Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think I am just going to create an NFS instead of using ISCSI since it is still buggy.

I've heard some people here complaining that the stock iscsi from wheezy doesn't play well with esxi. You can remove the plugin and the binaries. Install the backport kernel 3.16 with omv-extras and then install the plugin again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!