openmediavault-docker-gui Testing

• It bothers me - again - that we try to do things within a few minutes at the same time.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

:D

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• To hear that is like Candy for my ears.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• So thankful about this and the work done, but since "Keep in mind that this is a TESTING release and thus only install this in a VM or other test environment!" is stated, what's the catch? I mean, is it straight forward to use Docker as it is right now in OMV? Any caveats? X-tra work which needs to be done from the users side? I know it's testing and there might be issues, but are you actually using it yourself and is it somewhat stable?

I see two entries in the plugin dir; Docker 0.4 and Docker-gui 0.2.1. Is Docker 0.4 a dependency which will install automatically when the gui is installed? I have not yet installed Docker-gui, but I have installed the back-kernel and everything is ready to go, I'm just hesitating a little because of my own ignorance and insecurity.

Otherwise thank you so much for your work with Docker. I really hope that Docker will integrate fully with OMV, or as much as it can.

• Offizieller Beitrag

docker plugin installs web interface for configuring and has more or less been replaced by docker-gui.
    docker-gui plugin is fully integrated with OMV web interface.

The gui plugin is in testing and still changing. Seems to work fairly well with my tests (I am noob tho). Just try the gui plugin in a VM before your regular system. Then you will know what is working and what isn't before screwing up your main system.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• As @ryecoaaron stated it's still changing which means I might introduce new bugs from time to time. I always test new stuff, but sometimes a bug manages to slip through... Right now I've introduced a "docker repo" which I hope will be a list of Docker images "approved" by the OMV community. If you find an image that you like and think would be useful for others, please let us know and it will be added to the list. The power of Docker is that anyone can build an Image and host it on the Docker Hub, but as a user it can be difficult to find "the best" images to use, thus I thought about this new feature.

@ryecoaaron Could you build and upload a new version (again). I've also added the possibility to execute a command within a running container.

• Please note that the two entries available right now in the Docker repo tab are not approved by the OMV community but just something I used for testing of the functionality... One is my own Kodi headless image :) and the other is a Sickrage image I've not even tested...

• Offizieller Beitrag

@nicjo814 0.2.2 in repo.

• Thx. Well, Kodi-Headless is very useful in my case, but I'm also interested in building a static generator of some kind, maybe a Webhook-CMS server or something like that. While we are at it, I'm reading up on Stackato and Docker right now, and the concept of running everything as Paas. There are different players out there, like CoreOS, Stackato, Vagrant, etc. This morning I cycled through the following links and it looks quit interesting. Since Stackato offers a VirtualBox image it should be very easy to test, there are also images for KVM and VmWare. I know it's a little of-topic, but there might be something in it which can be utilized.

http://www.activestate.com/blo…-challenges-enterprise-it
    http://www.activestate.com/sta…2015-02-docker-challenges
    http://www.activestate.com/stackato/getting-started-stackato
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ActiveStateSoftware/videos

Thx

• I've moved access of the xml-file from rawgit to Github Pages now, which should prevent the type of problems you had earlier @subzero79. Could someone with proper privileges make the gh-pages branch the default branch of the openmediavault-docker-repo repo on Github? To use Github Pages all changes must be pushed to the gh-pages branch and making it the default branch would simplify things.

@ryecoaaron I'm sorry to ask you again, but could you build a new package and put it in the Docker Test repo? I've done quite a lot of "code cleaning" today on top of some minor fixes...

• I've added emby for docker-repo. I've made a mistake with the icon size. You're using cdn.rawgit.com, and from what i read it caches permanently. I try renaming the icon but the dockerfile.xml gets cached also. If you have time to take a quick look.

I have removed the faulty logo and fixed a small typo in the repo name.

• Offizieller Beitrag

0.2.3 in repo.

• Glad you like the plugin!

As I mentioned in my first post, I'm quite new to the world of Docker and have only used it to build an image for myself and then run the same image. Thus I've implemented the features that I've found could be of use while testing this out. Could you please expand on the docker-compose/yml/plugin theory? I've not worked with this at all...

Same reasoning as above :) Maybe I'm missing some field for the volumes_from parameter? Please let me know and I'll see how it could be added.

Hi nicjo814,

The Docker plugin is awesome!

Docker-compose is a way to easily create docker containers with a simplified file: "docker-compose.yml"

Info: https://docs.docker.com/compose/

Here is an example .yml file I use to start up my emby server:

emby:

image: emby/embyserver

restart: always

net: "host"

volumes:
    - /home/docker/config/emby/:/config

volumes_from:
    - datastore_datastore_1

environment:
    - AUTO_UPDATES_ON=true
    - TZ=America/New_York
    - MB_USER_ID=99
    - MB_GROUP_ID=100

You then run docker-compose up -d from the same directory the yml file resides. This is a simpler way to create containers than typing out the docker run net=host -v /share:/share......it makes it a lot easier to link multiple containers together like mysql + phpmyadmin + mysql data container...the one .yml file can contain the info for starting up the 3 containers and link them together...

Here is a good example: https://www.funkypenguin.co.nz…ouchpotato-plex-nzbdrone/

Data containers...this is a great way to have all your different containers point to the same location for shares on the OMV server for easy integration with one another...this was very important for me when I first started using Docker on OMV...and should be integrated into the plugin...

My example data container:

datastore:

image: busybox

volumes:
    - /home/docker/volumes/downloads:/downloads
    - /home/docker/volumes/Media:/media
    - /home/docker/volumes/Media/Movies:/movies
    - /home/docker/volumes/Media/TV:/tv
    - /home/docker/volumes/Media/music:/music
    - /home/docker/volumes/Media/music/Podcasts:/podcasts
    - /home/docker/volumes/Media/pictures:/pictures

I used the busybox image because it is only ~3mb...I have symbolic links in my home directory that point to my OMV shares in the media volumes ....this simplifies my whole docker setup...

• I think I'll have a look at the Data Containers today and see how far I can get. Regarding Composer that feels like a quite big project. I need to give it some thought regarding how it could be made "user friendly"...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just pulled the latest git, the Rootbrowser is not working anymore

So when i was just pasting the path, it contain spaces, don't know if rootbrowser escapes the spaces, since is not working for now.

Another thing, is to improve the workflow of the ports and map binds. For an entry to work, you have to press the add to leave the next entry empty.

This for example doesn't work

This works

• Just pulled the latest git, the Rootbrowser is not working anymore

Could you try and pull again and try to reproduce the problem? I have escaped spaces in some places now.

Another thing, is to improve the workflow of the ports and map binds. For an entry to work, you have to press the add to leave the next entry empty.

This is unfortunately intentional from my part. I validate all the input when you click the + button and have no validation on the form itself. I wanted to make it as easy as possible for the user to understand what data to enter where. I'm aware that it can be annoying if you forget to click the button and the data you entered was "lost", but I feel it's a too big project to fix for not enough gain.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!