openmediavault-docker-gui Testing

• I did some testing of this Docker plugin this morning. It is so easy to use. You did a nice job Nic. The one question I have is once you create a container is there no way to edit the settings? Like if you want to change a port or mapping???

• The one question I have is once you create a container is there no way to edit the settings? Like if you want to change a port or mapping???

What I do is make a copy of the container. From there it can be edited prior to saving under another name. Once you're sure it behaves the way you expect, you could delete the original container if it is no longer needed.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks guys. I was looking at cpu usage on the Emby plugin versus the Docker container. It was less on the Emby plugin. The Docker container seemed very fast but I noticed the images seemed to be handled better by the plugin. On the container images were loading more slowly. The container became responsive again a bit more quickly but not all images were loaded. With the plugin on my vm there was a slight hesitation versus the container but when the UI became responsive all the images were loaded. Pretty happy with the plugin's performance. Both work really well.

• I did some testing of this Docker plugin this morning. It is so easy to use. You did a nice job Nic. The one question I have is once you create a container is there no way to edit the settings? Like if you want to change a port or mapping???

Glad you like it! Regarding changing settings on running containers this is a limitation of Docker. In the 3.x version of the plugin I've made my own implementation of "editing" a running container. The 3.x version is also a lot faster in rendering both image and container grids. I did some unneccesary stuff in the 2.x version... :)

• What I do is make a copy of the container. From there it can be edited prior to saving under another name. Once you're sure it behaves the way you expect, you could delete the original container if it is no longer needed.

Hit the 'copy' button, then you can add/remove certain setting that you want from that new container.

Both are proper ways to do it in the 2.x version of the plugin.

• when will it be readyfor the latest OMV 3?

i waiting for it, too.
    I think it is a important plugin.

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• I think it is a important plugin.

i mean - it isnt super important. its nice to have a overview via webgui of all running container and images.
    but it is super easy to create and watch containter via cli.
    and i feel like - that it is more complicated to get a docker running over the plugin, as over cli

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'll be a long time before the plugin is ready....if it gets there. The plugin was ready for 3.0 with new features and some bugs corrected, but datamodels left the version obsolete. I wouldn't get any hopes, the cli is just there and very well documented. Also you can open the docker daemon API to tcp you can use a chrome extension if you want a UI to manage docker

• Hello guys!

I'm quite new to OMV, but I wanted to install docker. But I still have this error:

I could read that it is related to the kernel, but I don't know how to solve this.
    Thanks for your help,

Home Server: HP Proliant Gen 8 | CPU: G1610t | Ram: 8 Go DDR3 | OS Disk: Kingston SSDNow E-Series 32 GB | Storage Disks: 4xSeagate NAS HDD 3 To - Raid 5 | OS: OMV 2.2.13 Stone burner + Docker

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!