openmediavault-docker-gui Testing

• Do they have https enabled? Otherwise I guess you need to configure https access manually within the container with some kind of self-signed certificate. Have you set up https manually before, let's say for secure access to an Apache web server? If not, there is a lot of information on this topic if you Google a bit...

• @nicjo814 i test owncloud container with https but i dont know how can i implement a certificate.
    @subzero79 i will look tomorrow to test the container

@all thanks for your help! :thumbup:

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• I've been quite busy with converting the plugin to be OMV 3.x compatible and now I feel like it's ready for some beta testing. This requires a VM where to install OMV 3.x, which is still in beta and thus probably still has some issues. For anyone interested in helping out and testing the latest features of the Docker plugin this is how to do it (please note that package installation from web ui is currently broken in OMV3.x, that's why cli stuff is required):

Here is the changelog for the 3.x branch of the plugin:
    openmediavault-docker-gui (3.0.3) stable; urgency=medium

* Minor tweaks to the repo tab
    * Add logos to the linuxserver.io docker images
    * Add php5-imagick dependancy
    * Make it possible to edit port forwarding rows
    * Make it possible to edit environment variable rows
    * Make it possible to edit bind mount rows
    * Make it possible to edit volumes from rows
    * Add tooltips to buttons
    * Add info button to repo tab entries
    * Reload repo tab when a new image is pulled
    * Make repo tab hidden if plugin is not enabled

openmediavault-docker-gui (3.0.2) stable; urgency=medium

* Add r/o mode to bind mounts
    * Stability fixes to Docker service restart
    * Add linuxserver.io images to the repo tab
    * Usability improvements on the repo tab

openmediavault-docker-gui (3.0.1) stable; urgency=medium

* Fix postrm script to use systemd
    * Add fixes to ensure proper upgrade from 0.2.x plugin branch

openmediavault-docker-gui (3.0.0) stable; urgency=low

* Make plugin OMV 3.x compatible
    * Add support for network port types (tcp/udp)
    * Rename "Docker repo" to "Docker images repo"
    * Make time sync with host default when running container
    * Make restart always policy default when running container

I think the plugin has improved quite a lot from the 0.2.x branch (but I might be a bit biased :) ). Also a big thanks to the guys at @linuxserver.io for helping out with repo images and general improvement ideas.

• Here is another new feature that I think will be of quite good use. I've added the possibility to "modify" the settings on a running container, making it possible to quicky change ports, bind-mounts etc without having to copy the container. This new feature comes with a BIG warning... It's implemented by saving all "old" settings, removing the existing container, (tries to) starting up a new container with the "modified" settings. If this last step fails, the plugin will create a new container with the "old" settings instead.

There are two things that can go wrong here which I want to point out before you use this function.

• All non-persistent data within the container will be deleted. That is all data that is local to the container itself and is not-bind-mounted from the host or otherwise located outside of the running container.
    • There is no guarantee that the plugin will be successful when trying to use the "old" settings to re-create the container if the "new" settings failed. This could result in loss of the container itself and all associated settings.

Now I REALLY would appreciate your help with testing this function out as soon as it's included in the plugin (soon) and also feedback on how it's working out, if it fails etc.

This post is also referenced via a warning displayed in the plugin when a user tries to modify a running container.

• The new feature is now added to version 3.0.4 and is available for download.

I would also like to inform that I recently joined the @linuxserver.io team. By doing this I hope to bring more Docker knowledge into the plugin, making it better and more user friendly, while at the same time I hope to contribute with my knowledge of OMV and it's uses to the linuxserver.io team.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Regarding the sluggish behaviour of the container panel
    This is a log using using omv-engined -d -f

http://pastebin.com/MnishjUY

Notice here that i am not using the shared folder volume selector, neither the default location, i placed manually symlink from /var/lib/docker to /media/<uuid>/docker where i store everything

I also use btrfs as fs driver.
    Hope it helps, is really slow the panel, sometimes it doesn't even come up with nothing.

• Based on your report @subzero79 I've managed to fix some PHP warnings. Could you give version 3.0.5 a test (only for OMV 3.x) to see if any of my fixes help? The interesting thing is I've also experienced slow container grid rendering, but when I run almost the same code in cli it's very fast...

• I *think* I managed to improve the performance based on the debug log you provided. There were a number of warnings there that I hadn't noticed before, which might have had a bad impact on the overall performance. The fixes are included in 3.0.5 which is available on Bintray. With 12 containers running it took approx 2 seconds to load the container grid (when the overall cpu load was at an ok level).

• Hi,

Im getting the following error when i click on the docker icon within the OMV dashboard.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks

• I did a fresh OMV 2.0 install last night. I added the dockerplug-in via OMV-extras. I selected two images to try and both fail in the same manner images were couchpotato and sickrage. sickrage info doesn't list anything so I just selected the image and clicked run image then gave it a name and then clicked save Both fail with the following error.

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMVModuleDockerException' with message 'bcf23c4d9f189f02f08998fffd70985c9edaea9447a7d202a0a7f6215234df1d
    docker: Error response from daemon: rpc error: code = 2 desc = "shim error: invalid argument".' in /usr/share/omvdocker/Utils.php:517
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(492): OMVModuleDockerUtil::exec('docker run -d -...', Array, 125)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->runContainer(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('runContainer', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Docker', 'runContainer', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

Googling got me to this page which suggests it's a kernel 3.2 issue and that came up after docker 1.11 came out. sure enough

Code
    uname -a
    Linux openmediavault 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.68-1+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and

Code
    docker --version
    Docker version 1.11.2, build b9f10c9

so the docker thread says that they don't support 3.2 and update. Does this happen for everyone else on OMV 2.0? Any suggestions?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does this happen for everyone else on OMV 2.0? Any suggestions?

I always though docker was only for bpo kernel, reports later came from forum users that up to certain version of docker-engine the default kernel of debian wheezy worked. Now i remember the the docker documentation was always pointing to bpo kernel.
    What i figure out later it is the requirement was elevated because of some serious bugs in the wheezy stock kernel in regards of using docker.

Bottom line, you need wheezy backport kernel to make it work with docker-engine

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!